D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Andvari

Hero
The Cazador fight was pretty tough for me. His pet mage glitched into the air so I could not attack him. From his safe position he kept eye-biting Lae'zel who kept failing her save. So I would awaken her only to watch her go to sleep again. After a few turns the mage finally glitched back to the ground and I was able to attack him. Then Lae'zel died when making a jump - mid-jump she stopped mid-air, fell through the world and died. Fortunately I had saved at the beginning of that combat round :)

Also ran into a bug with dimension door in that fight. Turns out in combat that you have to pick a second target to teleport with you or you can't cast it.

I also rescued Minsc. Like Jaheira he, had lost most of his levels since BG2, but I was impressed by his voiceover and discovered through googling it was none other than Matt Mercer. He must have practiced Minsc a lot to make sure no one could complain. I suspect the Boo summoning scene is extra funny for players unfamiliar with the character.

Reynard

Legend
I respec'd my main into a wizard because I was finally tired of not having AoE spells. Then almost immediately I ran into a bunch of very angry bushes and they seemed to explode when hit with lightning and TPK city!

Andvari

Hero
You can, actually, you just have to use the check mark to cast it, like if you cast a Bless with fewer targets than normal.
The option screen with the check mark and choice of spell level appears when I cast spells like bless, slow, or longstrider, but not dimension door

Andvari

Hero
Chose to save Redhammer from the priestesses of Umberlee. Finished off the last two with a fireball to ensure they couldn't do anything nasty to him on their last turn. The spell also destroyed a couple of crates, which apparently belonged to him, which made him decide to try and kill me. Good thing I saved at the start of the battle.

Andvari

Hero
Chose to save Redhammer from the priestesses of Umberlee. Finished off the last two with a fireball to ensure they couldn't do anything nasty to him on their last turn. The spell also destroyed a couple of crates, which apparently belonged to him, which made him decide to try and kill me. Good thing I saved at the start of the battle.
After reloading and saving him without it causing him to want to kill me, he thanked me and went on his merry way. Now half an hour later I check my journal and on the quest it said I could not save him from the wrath of the Water Queen and that he shall devise no more... This is easily the buggiest game I have ever played by a mile.

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
JFC.

General Grom (or whatever) no problem. Avatar of a Myrkul no problem.

4 Gith Monks on a 3 turn limit, wtf!

Turns out you only need 1 person to get through the portal. Wish that was made more clear…

Of course my poor sorcerer gets through the portal and finds another Girh monk who beats her to death in 1 turn. WTF

Last edited:

Remove ads