• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just having 4 slots in brutal. Taking both the Fighter and Barbarian seems sweet but I’d have to not have Astarion in the party. Even if I did regulate lock picking/ trap springing duties to Karlach or Sorcerer due to the higher dex.

Hhmmm

A fifth character would be really nice. I'm having a hard time deciding on a party because I don't want to miss out on the story growth of any of them.

Vael

Legend
There are 3 main things I'd like:
  1. Someway to switch out my companions without having to go through everyone's dialogue one by one.
  2. Access to their inventories when not in my active party
  3. A party of 5 or 6 so I can have more interactivity.
Like, I feel sad for the late game companions, there's not a lot of story time to play with them. Also, trying to figure out what to do with Jaheira, 'cause I've got daddy Halsin and I'd like to not make them so similar. Might respec her to Monk, just to see how the class works. It just feels weird to do that.

Just having 4 slots in brutal. Taking both the Fighter and Barbarian seems sweet but I’d have to not have Astarion in the party. Even if I did regulate lock picking/ trap springing duties to Karlach or Sorcerer due to the higher dex.

Hhmmm
Shadowheart has proficiency in Sleight of Hand due to having the Urchin background.

Ondath

Hero

Hhmmm
Especially coming from the earlier BG games with 6-person parties, 4 feels really low. I'm doing my first run with no mods, but I'll definitely install a mod to increase the party size to 6 in all future playthroughs.

MarkB

Legend

Hhmmm
I'm currently playing as Lae'zel, respecced as a Dex fighter, and I keep her Astral Knowledge tuned to Dex skills to have her as my primary trapfinder/lockpicker.

Especially coming from the earlier BG games with 6-person parties, 4 feels really low. I'm doing my first run with no mods, but I'll definitely install a mod to increase the party size to 6 in all future playthroughs.
Once you get to level 5, the brutality drops massively. I think they overtuned the fights for levels 3 and 4, but once Gale got fireball and my dwarf paladin got his second attack, I've been acing most fights with little issue, outside the periodic big battle (where fireball still helps out massively) and puzzle fights like the golem in the foundry.

(My party is PC dwarf pally, Shadowheart, Asterion, and Gale)

Ondath

Hero
Once you get to level 5, the brutality drops massively. I think they overtuned the fights for levels 3 and 4, but once Gale got fireball and my dwarf paladin got his second attack, I've been acing most fights with little issue, outside the periodic big battle (where fireball still helps out massively) and puzzle fights like the golem in the foundry.

(My party is PC dwarf pally, Shadowheart, Asterion, and Gale)
I think it's just 5E's inherent early-level swinginess. Up to level 4, a bad crit can kill you in one shot. From level 5 onwards, the game (both BG3 and 5E in general) has to really try to kill you, otherwise you'll bounce back up one way or another.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads