• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

Stalker0

Legend
hehe I have finished the game twice, and I haven't even MET Minsc in my games. Like seriously where is that guy?

On the bugs, I think its a bit eye of the beholder. not everyone experiences every bug, and of course you get that one bug that messes up your run and to you the game is "buggy as hell"

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
hehe I have finished the game twice, and I haven't even MET Minsc in my games. Like seriously where is that guy?

On the bugs, I think its a bit eye of the beholder. not everyone experiences every bug, and of course you get that one bug that messes up your run and to you the game is "buggy as hell"

I found the Nine Fingers (?) Guild while venturing through the Lower Sewers (you can also find a door to them on the normal streets (thats how I exited). While there, their leader will mention him and another member will tell you where he is.

Andvari

Hero
I went straight for Minsc whenever I could, even though it meant having a mostly naked Jaheira with me. The plan was to switch him in for Karlach, but I felt bad about watching him run about in Karlach's gear so I ended up sidelining him. At the points in the game where you meet Jaheira and Minsc I had too strong bonds with my regular crew to dismiss them.

Didn't realize until my second playthrough that BG3 haste (the spell) is essentially 3e Haste (Even allowing 2 spells per round). Wow does it make a huge difference, and is very nasty!
The 2 spells a round is definitely too much, but honestly, OneD&D should probably at least buff Haste to allow you to make all your attacks with the additional action.

If you follow Jaheira's personal quest, it will lead you straight to rescuing Minsc.

When she joins you in camp she will talk about getting help from the harpers at their secret base in Wyrm's Crossing. Just follow that.

Mort

Legend
Supporter
The 2 spells a round is definitely too much, but honestly, OneD&D should probably at least buff Haste to allow you to make all your attacks with the additional action.

That would mean by 5th level, martials are making 4-5 attacks a round - that's A LOT.

In most campaigns, where players dictate the pace of play (can rest when they want) and/or the DM only has an encounter or two between long rests, the encounter difficulty well have to be ratcheted WAY up to challenge the group. Or, of course, counterspell and dispel magic.

It's certainly made encounters on BG3 way easier!

Andvari

Hero
I am, sadly, stuck in what I believe to be the final battle.

Fighting to get to the Netherbrain

G
I noticed a little late there was a countdown timer, so Shadowheart had to run through dragonfire and ended up dying. But I got inside with Orpheus, Karlach and myself just in time. (Lae'zel somehow went from full HP to dead in the first turn. No idea how, but at least she killed the Emperor first)

Remove ads