• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General BG3 Massive Spoiler Thread

DarkCrisis

Reeks of Jedi
The dragon fight was touch but I pulled it out. Had i died and have to try again I’d have used lightening resist potions.

The helm and sword you get are GREAT. My frenzy barbarian kitted out with those plus Gortashs boots and giant gloves etc is a force of nature.

The dragon fight was touch but I pulled it out. Had i died and have to try again I’d have used lightening resist potions.

The helm and sword you get are GREAT. My frenzy barbarian kitted out with those plus Gortashs boots and giant gloves etc is a force of nature.
Barbarian is so fun.

Dausuul

Legend

The dragon fight in Honor Mode nearly ended my run. That "stormheart nova" that he does, where you have to get behind cover or get blasted for stupid lightning damage? On Honor Mode, when you drop him to zero, he gains 100 temp hp and does it again. And the rain gives you the Wet debuff (which I don't think it does at lower difficulty) for double damage. AND there's no more cover because the first Nova destroyed it all. The only saving grace is the temp hp go away afterward and one hit will kill him... if you have anyone left alive to deliver it.

If I hadn't prepped the whole party with lightning resistance and put the elemental absorption cloak on Gale, that would have been it. As it was, I went from nearly full hp all around to Gale at 30-something and everyone else at zero.

I'm playing a storm sorcerer, so this was my chance to find out what it feels like on the receiving end of my water/lightning shenanigans... and I am here to say, it hurts. But I have to admit turnabout is fair play.

Last edited:

Zardnaar

Legend
Level 4 act 1 Druid Grove. Guess what class my wife's asterion is?

20240120_073805.jpg

So the Orin fight. Not the one on one duel but the one where she immediately turns into the slayer. What exactly is the "unstoppable" mechanic going on?. She wiped me out in very short order the first two times I fought her. The third time I was able to lock her down and handle her.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
I think the Unstoppable is a number of attacks that are converted to zero effect. My memory is the harder difficulties have more Unstoppable points.

Just like one crit smite takes one away. But that each Magic Missile takes away one Unstoppable point, five missiles = five Unstoppable.

I recall that my assassin archer with a bunch of attacks used multiple many arrows to do double duty clearing the room and taking down her Unstoppable points.

Yeah I had to buff my initiative to make sure my party went first. Magic missile for the win. I used Gales highest level spell slot for magic missile and La'zel did the rest with a potion of speed.

Last edited:

Remove ads