D&D 5E Bigby Doesn't Call His Homeworld Oerth :)

In California, town/city status is just about whether it's been legally incorporated. As far as I know, there's no bottom population limit to being a city.
There certainly isn't in Kentucky, where the "city" I grew up near had a population of around 500 at the time (but now as Cincinnati's suburbs expand, it's up to over 4000). Looking it up, there's an incorporated city in the state with a population of 0 now (basically, it was wiped out by an expansion of Louisville's airport), and for places people actually still live, a city with a population of 19.

Zardnaar

Legend
There certainly isn't in Kentucky, where the "city" I grew up near had a population of around 500 at the time (but now as Cincinnati's suburbs expand, it's up to over 4000). Looking it up, there's an incorporated city in the state with a population of 0 now (basically, it was wiped out by an expansion of Louisville's airport), and for places people actually still live, a city with a population of 19.

Think it's technically 50k here. We have 6 "main centers" (100k+ up from 4) and a couple or 3 around that 50k mark.

In my head they're a large town.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
At this point, it's a pretty firmly established bit of canon that those four are just lieutenants for Tharizdun, aka the Evil Elemental Eye. Affirmed as recently as Bigby Presents here, butnpretty firmly established in Princes of the Apocalypse, too.
I ran RttToE, were this comes from, because we had done Tharizdun, and the moathouse for some of the players. (BTW G1 also has a creepy pre-Tharizdun temple).

And I can tell you, as far as this goes, you can shoot it out of a cannon, as much as anyone should care.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I ran RttToE, were this comes from, because we had done Tharizdun, and the moathouse for some of the players. (BTW G1 also has a creepy pre-Tharizdun temple).

And I can tell you, as far as this goes, you can shoot it out of a cannon, as much as anyone should care.
Well, canon is a table decision. But any official product with Elemental Evil (like Bigby) will follow that.

Just because Bigby believes something doesn't make it true! Besides, do we live on Earth or Terra or Sol3 or Gaia, or...?

And yea, around here 200 miles is not much more than heading out for lunch! (ok, yes I exaggerate!)

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Think it's technically 50k here. We have 6 "main centers" (100k+ up from 4) and a couple or 3 around that 50k mark.

In my head they're a large town.
I always thought it was 10K, but thinking about it, that is rather small, I also looked it up and you're right on the population needed.

Both Tauranga and the Tron feel like large towns to me.

Zardnaar

Legend
I always thought it was 10K, but thinking about it, that is rather small, I also looked it up and you're right on the population needed.

Both Tauranga and the Tron feel like large towns to me.

I'm in Dunedin lol it kinda has that large town feel with some amenities like the university and stadium.

Couldn't pay me to live in Auckland though.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I'm in Dunedin lol it kinda has that large town feel with some amenities like the university and stadium.

Couldn't pay me to live in Auckland though.

Oh man, I love Auckland (not the cost of living so much), been here since 2004 after moving from Thames, not sure I'd want to go back for anything more than a visit.

Remove ads