D&D 5E Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants Up for Preorder on D&D Beyond

ECMO3

Hero
The big missed chance for me here is the lack of Large PC options. Why can't I play an Ogre...?

The biggest gameplay issue with Ogre is they are large (but so is Centaur and Minotaur if they are not PCs). Large PCs would present some challanges I think and the designers don't want them.

FWIW I have played a "Half-Ogre" using "custom lineage" template from Tashas.

ECMO3

Hero
Digital Only: Bigby Presents: Glory of the Giants Digital Pre-order

Digital and Physical Combo: Bigby Presents Glory of the Giants Physical + Digital Bundle

I don't see a release date mentioned.

Edited to add: Looks like the release date is August 15, according to These Are Dungeons & Dragons' New Products For 2023
Any ideas on the 8 new feats?

I am about to start a 1-20 campaign in 6 days and the DM uses all official material. I want to be able to plan my Death Cleric/Bladesinger Wizard build for any good feats.

Guessing from the list of feats in the Wonders of the Multiverse UA (which included reprints and updates from the prior Giants UA), probably a selection of these:
  • Rune Carver Apprentice - 1st
  • Rune Carver Adept - 4th
  • Strike of the Giants - 1st
  • Ember of the Fire Giant - 4th
  • Fury of the Frost Giant - 4th
  • Guile of the Cloud Giant - 4th
  • Keenness of the Stone Giant - 4th
  • Soul of the Storm Giant - 4th
  • Vigor of the Hill Giant - 4th
Maybe rolling the Rune Carver feats into a single feat or dropping Strike of the Giants as a prerequisite for the various "X of the Y Giant" feats...

Last edited:

There are basically two sets, tying into the Giant Foundling and Runecrafter backgrounds. Similar to the Dragonlance feats. I suspect they are only level 1 and level 4 though. The level 8 feats made it too skill-treeish.

Last edited:

Rabulias

the Incomparably Shrewd and Clever
So I still can't get over the fact that a book on Giants has the title of a humanoid Wizard. Why didn't they use a Giant, like Zepheris (sp?) glory of the giants?
Yes! I would have expected something like King Snurre, Jarl Grugnar, or Chief Nosnra (or even Queen Frupy!).

Huh. Just noticed Nosnra backwards is Arnson. A dig at Dave Arneson? Am I late to the party realizing this? :unsure:

Remove ads