"Birds of a Feather" DnD 5E OOC (Closed)

So I plan on starting on the July 1st. However I'm still short a few characters ;)

So a few things i realize i need to point out aswell.
While this campain isn't 100% combat, once you reach certain points you will have to Manage your Resources 'Cause else you might run Dry.
Also i will try to keep a eye out for spell components. Especially when it Comes to price & consumables.
And while this Propably wont come up for a while, when you die, your return wont be certain. And the More you die the likelier it will become you will stay dead.

That will be all ;)

PS: for every1 that makes a back story, i will try my vest to see if i can fit it in somewhere ;)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey folks,

My character is up. Since I had some time, and making characters is fun, I decided to make him a rogue 1 feylock 2. [MENTION=6802065]Searinox Nagharha[/MENTION], I am assuming that the rules for illusions are as they are written (i.e. you need to spend your action to interact with an illusion to get a chance to see through it - if you don't send an action, or if you cannot interact with it, you are stuck). Some DMs still apply a houserule of "disbelieving" illusions, but this not as per the rules. I want to clarify this from the get-go, because my character will be casting a lot of silent images. He'll be using them mostly to block line of sight and to hide.

Also, what languages are useful in your setting? My character gets 2 bonus ones (aside from common and elf), so I want to pick some that can be useful (and fun, since I intend on pulling friends/disguise self as often as possible ;-)
Thanks and cheers,

SG

I'm pretty free when it Comes to Illusions as i Love to use them in games myself ;)

To awnser your first question, as long as the enemy has No reason to believe otherwise they will have to use their Action to check if It's real or not.
However if they are a organized Group (say a orc warband or bandit Group, ect.) One could then Call out to the rest that It's fake (Same as you all would)

As for your second question, pretty much any Language could be encountered, depending how deep you guys plan on going into the proverbial rabbits hole. However i would suggest Sylvan as this part of the world is very connected to the Feywild

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm pretty free when it Comes to Illusions as i Love to use them in games myself ;)

To awnser your first question, as long as the enemy has No reason to believe otherwise they will have to use their Action to check if It's real or not.
However if they are a organized Group (say a orc warband or bandit Group, ect.) One could then Call out to the rest that It's fake (Same as you all would)

As for your second question, pretty much any Language could be encountered, depending how deep you guys plan on going into the proverbial rabbits hole. However i would suggest Sylvan as this part of the world is very connected to the Feywild

Thanks for the comments!

Regarding the warband, if one of the orcs calls the image as being fake, it would still obscure line of sight of his allies (unless they take an action to interact with the illusion), right?
Example of my understanding: My character casts silent image of a 20ft rock around the party. Since my character's companions are touching (interacting) with the illusion, they see through it. Ennemies are approaching, and one spends his action to interact with the rock, realizing that it is an illusion, that foe can see through it. Now, he tells his allies about the illusion, but the allies won't see through the illusion unless they spend their action to interact with it. They'll know it is fake, but they still see the rock, and not the characters inside.

Right?

Also, whatever your answer, since warlocks with the misty visions invocation can cast silent image at will, say a foe interacts with an illusions of round n, if my character were to recast in round n+1, the new illusion would be solid, right?

Thanks for your answers! FYI, I'll pick sylvan, and perhas goblin or orc as my bonus languages.
Cheers,

SG

Ow wow you've got some plans!
Ok... Mmh....
I'm gonna make a Ruling here that will also apply too you guys regarding Illusions. I do support Illusion use but I'll have to clarrify some things now.

First, if you were to recast the Same Illusion over and over again they will become Immune to it after some time (depending on their Intelligence)
Also, once they interact with it they will find out its fake. For example if they shoot arrows at your Boulder and they pass through instead of bounce off they will realize something is up. And ofcourse, leaving any survivers might earn you a certain reoutation as a illusionist.

Reading Silent Image it states that 'Physical Interaction' reveals it to be a illusion. And once a creature sees the Illusion for what it is, it can see through it.

So to illustrate this might be something that could happen
Round 1;
You cast Silent Image
Orc Archers lose a turn
Orc Leader inspects Illusion and sees its fake, yells that It's fake to the Archers

Round 2;
Orc Archers shoot with penalties (they are basicly firing blind)
Arrows pass straight through said Boulder.
From this they realise its fake.

Round 3;
They can see through the Boulder.

This is Just a example ofcourse and if Fireballs, Arrows & God knows what starts flying out of said Boulder they will put 2&2 together fast enough.

Hope i have been clear enough and cant wait to see what you will come up with ;)

Remove ads