"Birds of a Feather" DnD 5E OOC (Closed)

Radaceus

Adventurer
I'm thinking Brass or Bronze Dragonborne. Female but she is very masculine, doesnt come across as female/feminine. racially indistinguishable except for the knowledgable who know how to read scale patterns, and nobody dare asks if she is male or female :)

#genderdontmatteratthetable

ok I'm gonna do this! I'll put up a Rogue Gallery tomorrow. every1 take your time in writing you backstory and developing you character.
we wont kick off till July most likely (going to a festival next week and rly didnt expect this to kick off as well as it did.)

tglassy

Adventurer
I am totally thinking a Teifling Assassin, descended from Glysa, or the equivalent in this world. +2 to Cha, +1 Dex, Plus Minor Illusion, Disguise Self and Invisibily at lvl 5. I’d say that’s a win right there.

that'll work just fine. Tieflings in my world have a culture similar to China mostly, tho on a smaller scale. but the Nine Hells are certainly a thing in this world.

though as with Radaceus's Dragonborn, expect alot of strange looks from the commoners ;)

Radaceus

Adventurer
hmm...maybe I go chromatic and have a background tie to the teifling, travelling cimpaniins black dragonborne paladin as the Fafrd to your tiefling Grey Mouser?
[MENTION=6855204]tglassy[/MENTION]

tglassy

Adventurer
What’s funny is I wouldn’t have recognized that reference four months ago, thanks to Audible having one of those stories available for free.

I like that idea. I see this Teifling as being a lot like Denth from Brandon Sanderson’s book Warbreaker. Philisophical, sarcastic, likes mocking people without them knowing it. very charming, right up until he sticks a blade in your back.

Radaceus

Adventurer
okay here's the pitch.

think I like the idea of the female Dragonborne I posted above, but I want to stick with metalic, perhaps bronze since bronze tend to be dull, she and the tiefling are travelling companions but (like Fafhrd and Grey Mouser) she is not the brains and is also naive or unknowing the teiflings background/past (assassin)

tglassy

Adventurer
I like it. I’ll write up the stats in a bit. I’m interested to see how this guy plays. I’m wanting to play him very Assassiny, so he’s the type to disguise himself and plan and find a way to get close to his target and make the killing blow.

How are we going to do poisons? He’s proficient with poison kits, how do they work? I’ve heard there’s some conjecture.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Aes, Dragonborn Paladin

stat rolls
16 10 16 11 17 9
{possibly my best chargen roll in the last 4 years...}

assigned stats with Dragonborn racial adjustments ( side note: almost used my stats in order of roll... : ) )
STR 18 (16+2 racial), Dex 10, Con 16 +3, Int 9, Wis 11, Cha 18 (17+1 racial)

member of a Draconic order of knights. the Patina Order(brass, Bronze & copper elites)-Bronze Battalion? sent by her superiors to investigate the other continent
ideas for travelling companion (@tglassy 's tiefling) incorperated into backstory

HP= 13+ 2 levels= 29

[sblock="Character Sheet"]

Aes, of House Verdi, 4th to be Named
Bronze Dragonborn Paladin (female)
Oath of Conquest
lvl 3 XP: 900 Alignment: LN

Str 18 +4, Dex 10, Con 16 +3, Int 9 -1, Wis 11, Cha 18 +4
HP: 29 AC: 19/17(Chain Mail, Defence / Shield) Speed-30 Size- Medium

Languages: Common, Draconic, Dwarvish
Saving Throws: Wisdom. Charisma
Proficiency Bonus= +2
Spellcasting: Spell Attack Modifier= +6 Spell Save DC= 14

[sblock="Skills"]
Proficiencies: Athletics, Intimidation, Persuasion (BG), History(BG)
--Tools: Dragon Dice(BG)

Skill Check Modifiers:
Proficency BonusStat BonusTotal ModPassive Check
Acrobatics(Dex)
Animal_Handling(Wis)
Arcana(Int)
Athletics(Str)
Deception(Cha)
History(Int)
Insight(Wis)
Intimidation(Cha)
Investigation(Int)
Medicine(Wis)
Nature(Int)
Perception(Wis)
Performance(Cha)
Persuasion(Cha)
Religion(Int)
Sleight_of_Hand(Dex)
Stealth(Dex)
Survival(Wis)
+2
+2
+2
+2
+4
+4
+4
+4
+4
+6
+4
+1
+6
+4
+6

[/sblock]

[sblock="Racial Traits"]
Draconic Ancestry: Bronze draconic ancestry. Your breath weapon and damage resistance are determined by the dragon type
Breath Weapon: You can use your action to exhale destructive energy. 5' x 30' line from self, 2d6 Lightning damage , DC14(Dex) save for 1/2 damage.
Damage Resistance: Resistance to Lightning.
[/sblock]
[sblock="Class Traits"]
Divine Sense (5 uses per short rest: Until the end of your next turn, you know the location of any celestial, fiend, or undead within 60 feet of you that is not behind total cover. You know the type (celestial, fiend, or undead) of any being whose presence you sense, but not its identity. Within the same radius, you also detect the presence of any place or object that has been consecrated or desecrated, as with the hallow spell.
Lay On Hands (pool= 15 pts): Your blessed touch can heal wounds.
Fighting Style: Defense; +1 AC while wearing armor
Divine Smite: Upon hit, spend one paladin spell slot to deal additional radiant damage (2d8 for 1st level slot)
Divine Health: Immune to Disease
Channel Divinity;(regained on short rest)
-Conquering Presence: As an action, you force each creature of your choice that you can see within 30 feet of you to make a DC14 Wisdom saving throw. On a failed save, a creature becomes frightened of you for 1 minute. The frightened creature can repeat this saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on itself on a success.
-Guided Strike: When you make an attack roll, you can use your Channel Divinity to gain a +10 bonus to the roll. You make this choice after you see the roll, but before the DM says whether the attack hits or misses.
[/sblock]

[sblock="Spells"]
Spell Slots: 1st level(3)
Prepared spells = 5 (+4 Cha + 1/2 level {1}={5})
*Armor of Agathys
*Command
Compelled Duel
Cure wounds
Protection from Evil and Good
Shield of Faith
Searing Smite

*always prepared
[/sblock]

[sblock="Inventory"]
Equipment:
Chain Mail, Shield w insignia,
Longsword (1d8 slashing, versatile 1d10)
Heavy Crossbow (1d10 piercing, range 100/400) Heavy, Loading, Two-handed)
--12 quarrels/quiver
Dagger (1d4 piercing, finesse, light, thrown range 20/60)
[sblock="Explorer's Pack"]Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.[/sblock]
Holy Symbol- of ??
from background:
One set of traveller's clothes, a signet brooch of the Patina Order; Sargeants seal, of the Bronze Battalion, emblazoned on shield; and a pouch containing 10 gp (spent on shield)

Wealth: tbd,
Purchased-
Shield 10 gp

[/sblock]

[sblock="Background & Back Story"]

Knight of the Patina Order

A sergeant in Bronze Battalion, a crack group of the Patina Order. The Patina Order consists of selected Brass, Bronze, and Copper dragons; elites, the best of the best dragonborn warriors determined by a test of combat upon attaining adulthood.

{more to come: Back story}
[sblock="Back Story: the first years"]
"Why!" Verdantus cried, frustration teeming in his voice, as his gaze turned to his mate. "Why, must none of my sons succeed me in the order!?"
"Lower your voice," his mate, Aethir, whispered, tilting her head in the direction of their fledgling girl.
He looked toward the child, "bah! I'm undone, Verdi is undone, generations fall today, we are no more in name." He stormed off, pottery could be heard smashing in another room of the mansion.

Aestilexa knew her father despised her, she was his last child, and he wished for a strong male to carry on the family legacy. More importantly, to represent his house in the Patina Order, a distinction which carried with it prestige. Only the best warriors survived the Trial of Combat, and by proxy, only the best houses were represented. Her parents had brooded twice, first begetting three sons, the second time just her, the lonely egg. All of her fledgemates are gone, none succeeded the Trial upon their adulthood.

Aestilexa wanted nothing more than her fathers approval and acceptance, if that meant being a boy, that is how she would be.

She was craftier than her previous siblings, and more vicious. She never let the other dragonkin get an upperclaw on her. And she never let any know her true nature, but one figured her out upon their adolescence, he caught her scent and was attracted to her; a daring young brass, followed her one day to try his talons on her. She rid herself and the world of one more daring young brass that day. From thenceforth, she made better efforts at disguising her nature.

-----------------------------

On her fifteenth year, during the Week of Trials, she entered her father's study, he didn't acknowledge her presence, studying at his desk. She touched at several of his trophies as she sauntered the room, stopping for some time before a tarnished bronze shield which hung on the wall behind him. She traced the outline of a dragon face emblazoned upon it.

"Father, I'm ready," said Aestilexa
"Go away. It is a silly notion, females do not take the trial," He continued reading the tome before him.
She was accustomed to him brushing her aside and ignored it, "No, father, you will sign my name, " she moved around to loom over the front of his desk, pushing a document over his book, "I will take the test!"
Verdantus looked up, and shrank into his chair. A hulk of scaled muscle, squeezed into one of his dead sons suits of chain, peered unflinching at him. Determined. For the briefest of moments he caught an echo of his ancestors about her. He sensed the fear aura of his grandfather, Aes, her namesake.
"Dawn, forgive me" he muttered as he controlled his hand tremble and signed the waiver.

She rolled it up and stormed out. Marching straight to the arena where she presented it to the judges who unfurled the scroll and read it aloud. It felt as if her heart beat out of her scales and she barely heard a sentence, all she could do was remain stationary and try not to look weak, try not to look...female.

"..thus, let it be known, that I, Verdantus of House Verdi, do hereby grant permission for my child, Aes, Fourth to be Named, to represent our ancient house in the Trial of Combat." the judge concluded.

Her eyes widened, and a hint of smile was withheld from her snout.

[/sblock]
NOTES:
-learned dwarvish due to 'history' with war
- Travels with the teifling because the teifling helped her in a fight in this 'new' land, befriending her, the dragonborn has no reason to distrust the teifling, defending the teifling's honor when it is questioned ( this assumes that the paladin has no knowledge of the teiflings use of poison...or that she considers poison use as just another tool of combat and sees nothing wrong with it~ TBD)
- Holy symbol of Io? or Dawn? or?

Specialty - Officer (Sargent)
Traits- I can stare down a hell hound without flinching. I have a crude sense of humor.
Ideal- Nation. My nation is my priority.
Bond- Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw- I’d rather eat my armor than admit when I’m wrong. (possible answer to why she overlooks the teiflings nefarious ways...)

Background perks
Skill Proficiencies: Persuasion, History
Tool Proficiencies: Dragon dice
Languages: Dwarvish
Equipment: One set of traveler's clothes, a signet, banner or seal representing your place or rank in the order, and a pouch containing 10 gp
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads