• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Black Sails Over Freepart OCC part 2 (checking play interest)

JimAde

First Post
Thanks, Karl. I'll try to be more explicit in my future postts.

Also, just thought I'd take the opportunity to mention: This game rocks. :)

Ferrix

Explorer
Kitsch should have had cover being on the roof, which would have bumped his AC up to 25, and thus a 24 would have missed.

Also, Torren can hide after attacking as the spell is only a standard action, he has a move action during which he can perform a hide action.

Ferrix

Explorer
DarkMaster said:
But only if he has concealment relative to them, I think.

Being on a roof, Kitsch is going to maximize his ability to conceal himself at the least giving himself cover, if he can improved cover. Thus kneeling or prone (+2 or +4 bonus to AC vs. ranged). Should have also included that Kitsch would have been trying to snipe, thus getting the hide attempt after the shot in opposition to being seen. But the cover on its own should have been enough.

Ooops... guess you were talking about Torren. All he needs is concealment or cover, and being in the darkness that far away and able to move, he should be able to get either cover or concealment after he casts.

Last edited:

Karl Green

First Post
Ferrix said:
Kitsch should have had cover being on the roof, which would have bumped his AC up to 25, and thus a 24 would have missed.

Also, Torren can hide after attacking as the spell is only a standard action, he has a move action during which he can perform a hide action.

Maybe we're both confused here... I assumed you wanted to climb to the roof (or close) of the inside of the warehouse but still be within 30ft of most of the combat). There are no real cover there.

IF you are on the outside of the warehouse, you can't see inside, no holes on the roof (one of the few things they repair, keep out prying eyes).

SOOO if you want to be outside, you could not attack Fat Mic, nor could Fat Mic attack you. IF you want to be inside with cover you would be farther then 30ft away so no Surprise Strike but Fat Mic would have missed you. I can edit

As for Torrin, I might have mixed that up, but I did not think you could hide on the round that you attacked? Can edit that also

Last edited:

DarkMaster

First Post
I am not sure either I re-read the rules quickly but can't found anything clear. I guess the closest thing would be sniping ie taking -20 to the hide check and he would be able to hide back where he was initially.

Hiding is a move action, meaning that if he attacked he cannot physically move more than 5 feet this round (5foot steps).

Also if he has concealment (other have reduce visibility) I think he can shoot and hide again without penality (if cover is within 5 feets). But since Fat Mic is an orc and we are within 60', Villard and Torren can't hide from him since they don't have hide in plain sight.

Sorry if my post isn't really clear and helping.

Ferrix

Explorer
Karl Green said:
Maybe we're both confused here... I assumed you wanted to climb to the roof (or close) of the inside of the warehouse but still be within 30ft of most of the combat). There are no real cover there.

IF you are on the outside of the warehouse, you can't see inside, no holes on the roof (one of the few things they repair, keep out prying eyes).

SOOO if you want to be outside, you could not attack Fat Mic, nor could Fat Mic attack you. IF you want to be inside with cover you would be farther then 30ft away so no Surprise Strike but Fat Mic would have missed you. I can edit

As for Torrin, I might have mixed that up, but I did not think you could hide on the round that you attacked? Can edit that also

I had assumed Torren had tumbled outside, thus was thinking along those lines. I had assumed the whole time I had been outside waiting for someone to come out, and thought Fat Mic had in chase of Torren.

Woe the words...

Go with whatever has happened, no need to change it now. Although, I would have acted a lot earlier if I thought I was inside. Also would have either tried to move to cover with my move action if the place he was, was entirely sparse or attempted to snipe, getting a hide check after his shot, albeit at -20, but in hopes to not be seen.

Last edited:

JimAde

First Post
And just to clarify what I meant (though there's no need to change anything) when I said "hide" I actually meant "use my move to get behind some crates. My intention was to cast (standard action) then move. No Hide check, nothing fancy. I was just hoping for cover/concealment.

Kangaxx

First Post
Quick question about the layout - what exits are there from the bottom floor where Villiard and Torren are now? You mentioned something about stairs, are they stairs leading out of the building, or stairs back to the upper level?

Remove ads