Black Widow teaser

BookBarbarian

Expert Long Rester
I know it's supposed to be set in the past, but I'd love it if it turned out that they had secretly undone her death in Endgame. It's not like people stay dead in the comics.
I very much wonder how it shook out when Captain America returned the Soul Stone to Vormir. Do the rules of a soul for a soul work both ways?

I'm hoping for an end credits scene that resolves that question. But I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think it'll actually shake out that way. But it's not like they haven't brought back/are bringing back other characters:

Loki
The Vision
Thanos
Gamora

There are plenty of mechanical ways to bring her back - time travel, soul gem hijinks, etc. But I would agree, there needs to be a narrative reason to do so. I'm sure they could come up with something, but will they?

Honestly, though, I seriously doubt they'll do that. Really feels like this is more of an exploration of the character without building her into another ongoing story from here.

In the movies, though, I'm not sure why they'd do that - the Avengers, as she knew them, are done. She was solidly entrenched in the history of that group. Going forwards, there isn't a good hook to include her. So, what story are you going to tell that justifies resurrection?

I very much wonder how it shook out when Captain America returned the Soul Stone to Vormir. Do the rules of a soul for a soul work both ways?

I'm hoping for an end credits scene that resolves that question. But I'm not holding my breath or anything.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter

Probably not. Because otherwise, the sacrifice to get the stone isn't really an issue. You want the stone? Put your friend in a box for a while, come back and get them out when you are done. No big deal.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Taskmaster?

11446893-CD7F-44A2-96FB-6CBC1A1A078A.jpeg

Sadras

Legend
Is it too much to ask for a Marvel movie that doesn't have any fat jokes? :rolleyes:

These guys are required to be in peak condition all the time to fit into their tight suits/gear and perform - it is nice to see that they struggle (and lose sometimes) with weight. It humanizes them.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases