• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bladed Gauntlet (when will I let the weapon die)

trimeulose

First Post
You know what I just finished reading the errata on the bladed gauntlet. What a load of crap.

WotC: whoa this is way overbalancing!!! I know lets make it a Short Sword that you need to spend a feat to use. Since fighters are an over powered class to begin with. Expecially at high levels.

Personally I think that the bladed Gauntlet should have the following stats:

Bladed Gauntlet (exotic weapon): Damage 1d6 slashing crit 18-20x2.

Description: The bladed gauntlet posseses three blades that extend from the forearm to two feet out from the fingertips. Because of its design the bladed gauntlet cannot be disarmed from its wearer. It also leaves the wearer hands free in combat (but still retains the armed status). Because the gauntlet posses multiple protrusions the user gets a +2 bonus to disarm. Since a Bladed Gauntlet must be worn over the hands as armor, it takes up both the gloves and weapons slot and takes a standard action to arm one and a full round action to arm both.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
trimeulose said:
Personally I think that the bladed Gauntlet should have the following stats:

Bladed Gauntlet (exotic weapon): Damage 1d6 slashing crit 18-20x2.

Interestingly enough, Bruce Cordell told me that he originally designed them to have a crit range of (18-20/x2). It was misprinted to 17-20, and when the errata came out it became switched to 19-20, lord knows why.

Henry

Autoexreginated
Piratecat said:
...It was misprinted to 17-20, and when the errata came out it became switched to 19-20, lord knows why.

Probably to match up with the claw bracers from the FRCS, which are nothing more than smaller versions of the same weapon concept.

I myself prefer the stats for claw bracers, because I cannot for the life of me envision anything attached to the back of a human hand/wrist doing 1d6 damage, and better crit'ing than a shortsword, to boot. Knives, I can see. a two-foot long blade, I just can't.

Of course, I also think a 15-lb weapon is silly, too, but that's just me. :)

Darklone

Henry said:
Of course, I also think a 15-lb weapon is silly, too, but that's just me. :)

Right. I also agree with those silly bladed gauntlet weapons... Why did noone use them if they rocked so much?

Medieval italian greatsword (twohanded): 3lbs :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads