• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Bladesinger Substitution Levels for Duskblade

BadMojo

First Post
I've always been a fan of the Bladesinger prestige class, but found that recent base and prestige classes have made the Complete Warrior version of the class severely underpowered, IMO.

Just for fun, I've taken a few abilities from the CW version of the Bladesinger and turned them in to substitution levels for the Duskblade in the PHB II. Basically, the Duskblade gives up medium armor and shields in order to get a +1 Dodge bonus per class level up to a max equal to her Intelligence modifier.

I also added the bonus feat at 7th level (a holdover from the "classic" 3E Bladesinger) in order to make up for the AC deficit compared to a Duskblade of similar level.

Let me know what you think. I'll probably never have time to play this, but it was just a fun little thing I wanted to try out.

Bladesinger (Duskblade Substitution Levels)

Bladesingers…(insert flavor text here)

Hit Dice: D8

Requirements

To take a Bladesinger substitution level, a character must be an elf or half-elf about to take his 1st, 4th or 7th level of duskblade.

Class Skills

A Bladesinger has all the class skills as a standard duskblade, plus Perform and Tumble.

Skill Points at Each Level: 2+ Int modifier

Class Features

1st level: Arcane Attunement, Bladesong Style, Armored Mage (Light)

4th level: Spellsong (replaces Armored Mage (Medium)

7th level: Bonus Feat: Choose any metamagic or fighter bonus feat. The Bladesinger must meet the prerequisites for this bonus feat (replaces Armored Mage (Heavy Shield)).

Additional Notes: Change the save progression to poor Fortitude, good Reflex, and good Will Saves.

Add the following spells the Duskblade spell list:

Mage Hand to list of spells available with Arcane Attunement and add Whirling Blade to the Duskblade spell list.

0 level: Mage Hand
1st level: Critical Strike
2nd level: Whirling Blade

These substitution levels use the following sources: PHB II (Duskblade), Complete Warrior (Bladesinger PRC) and the Spell Compendium (Critical Strike and Whirling Blade).

Remove ads