Blizzard at Revel's End (OOC) Temporary Hiatus

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I think you did this wrong. You re-rolled the lowest die in each roll. The main post said to roll 4d6 drop the lowest and then roll 4d6 again for your lowest score. So in effect it was roll 4d6 7 times and keep the 6 highest scores.

That's right. If you take the original rolls and the first four rerolls (to represent the extra set), you'd have 15, 14, 14, 13, 10, 10 instead of 15, 15, 14, 14, 11, 10. It's only a little different. (Though 'worth' 5 points of point-buy).

I know, that's how I generated Razum. I was just getting a little envious! I'll have to content myself with having equipment. ;)

I see what you mean. (You also need the equipment the least, what with a decent bite attack - BTW, feel free to fluff that as your tail-spikes from the picture if you don't like the image of biting your target at any given point.)

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
I see what you mean. (You also need the equipment the least, what with a decent bite attack - BTW, feel free to fluff that as your tail-spikes from the picture if you don't like the image of biting your target at any given point.)

Love the idea re: the tail! Yeah, there is some irony in choosing the Lizardfolk as one of the only non-prisoners, but once the concept got into my head, I just had to go with it. :)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
That's right. If you take the original rolls and the first four rerolls (to represent the extra set), you'd have 15, 14, 14, 13, 10, 10 instead of 15, 15, 14, 14, 11, 10. It's only a little different. (Though 'worth' 5 points of point-buy).

I will change it up then. Sorry about that. I guess I misread the instructions.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Funny, being an eldritch knight means I have a bond to two weapons, which I can summon as long as they’re on the same plane.

I assume that it’s magical so I cannot use that ability in my cell, but I have added them to my equipment list for when I get that opportunity.

JustinCase

Finished!

By the way, depending on the timeline Burton could have been a fencing teacher to either the oldest or youngest son. The oldest would be interesting, especially if the need to revive him contributed to what decision his parents made eventually (no spoilers)....

Any thoughts on that?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Finished!

By the way, depending on the timeline Burton could have been a fencing teacher to either the oldest or youngest son. The oldest would be interesting, especially if the need to revive him contributed to what decision his parents made eventually (no spoilers)....

Any thoughts on that?

That works pretty well for me. We'll set your crime slightly before the events of Dragon Heist, with things playing out there as they did in my game:

As I mentioned, Victoro Cassalanter (in my game) has a sister, Avelina - a PC Wizard. Avelina is the children's 'favourite aunt'. The excuse that Momma and Poppa Cassalanter gave her for why their eldest Osvaldo was 'missing' was that he had traveled to Baldur's Gate to apprentice for some high mucky-muck (can't remember the details). Of course, if you're familiar with WDH, he's been turned into a Chain Devil and is chained in the attic. (In my game, the party killed him and set fire to the Villa - through some shrewd RP & charisma checks, they managed to convince Waterdhavian society that they were actually a volunteer fire brigade and the fire was already there (they just put it out)).

To make a long story shorter, let's say for this game that the Cassalanters (not including Avelina, obviously) were having one of their Cult-of-Asmodeus parties on the night that you chose to rob them, you found that out, but set off some kind of alarm. In the chaos, another (earlier) fire was caused, and Osvaldo was burned (either to death, or near-death). You got away, enough that they didn't kill you on the spot, what with all their party-goes turning out to be cultists, but were picked up later by the city watch. They were forced to make a deal with Asmodeus to save their son (turning him into a Chain-Devil, because Asmodeus sucks). Officially, your crime was robbery that caused death (not Osvaldo's - that was covered up, but the cultists you killed trying to escape.) Your sentence to Revel's End was a plea-deal you made when you realized that the Magistrate judging your case was at the Casselanter's "Party" and your other option was to be put to death. Telling people "but... they're Cultists!" was never an option.

Any feedback?

JustinCase

That... sounds awesome!

I’ll adjust my RG info with some public knowledge later, and add your spoiler if that’s alright with you?

Remove ads