Bloodcove Disguise

nothingpoetic

First Post
OOC: K, I figured we could find a number as opposed to rolling.. I will cut off 4 charges from the wand and we should all be healed up and ready for whatever waits us at the camp.

galahad0430

First Post
With greatly elevated spirits the caravan gets under way. About midday, Raimondo calls a halt for a brief rest. The air is stifling, but the shade from the jungle keeps the sun from beating down on you. The trials are wide here and the foilage much less dense as you are rising upwards towards the hills. The jungle noises are interrupted by a loud, shrill whistle and then you hear the thundering of hooves. Shadows loom from the jungle and you see several mounted men charging your group. Apparently, what mounted troops the Brotherhood had have swung away from the main party and cut in front of your group.

OOC: The positions are where the cavalry is as of the beginning of round 1. You all have time to draw weapons as they close. Roll init. we will go in that order. Only the big tree blocks movement. The other clumps are bushes that do block charge and LOS from unmounted to unmounted people. Mounted people can move or charge through the bushes at no penalty.

Attachments

• cavalry attack ROUND1.JPG
    cavalry attack ROUND1.JPG
    188.3 KB · Views: 95

jackslate45

First Post
Aradra gets his bow ready, and draws a bead on his target (the Captain*)

OCC: PBS + Rapid/DA (+8/+8 1d8+7)

*Aradra, having served in the military, should be able to tell the difference, but can roll a Profession(Solider)/Perception Check if needed.

EDIT: Crap, used the wrong values. Correct values are +6/+6. So I hit a 9 and a 19 AC

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Stay together! Let them come to us if they wish to die!" Markas says readying his shield and getting a firmer grip on his sword.

He bends low at the knees and tucks his shield up under his chin. As the riders approach all they can see of the warrior is his head above the shield and his sword held at the ready.

OCC: Action Total Def - AC 27

nothingpoetic

First Post
Chaucer sees shapes beginning to materialize at the same time his companions do. He sees Aradra put arrow to string, he sees his new companion Markas raise his shield mocking the mounted foes, and he sees his arms work as if by their own accord. He slides his bow off his shoulder and in the same motion puts an arrow to the string, as he continues to evaluate the scene of the charging calvary. To his right is a small tree, at least he has a bit of cover from that direction. He turns his attention to the road the forks to the left. Markus stands in front of him, and there are multiple targets bearing down on them. Chaucer pulls back his bow and waits for them to close.

As he waits, he speaks quietly to Syldar, "I have a song of power and courage for our friends that shall be sung after this arrow is loosened. Unless there is a dance stirring in your soul, I would ask for the honor of inspiring our allies during this battle.

[Sblock=Actions and Status]
Swift Action - Arcane Strike (+1 damage)
Standard Action - Ready attack for the first enemy to come within 30 feet on the left side of the battelfield

AC (/touch/FF): 17/13/14
Hit Points: 22/22
Saves (F/R/W): 0/+7/+4

Bardic music used: 0/13
Spells cast: 1: 0/4
Spells cast: 2: 0/2

Current effects: -[/Sblock]

OOC: I am still unapproved as a 4th level character, so some of those numbers possibly could change...

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
Round 1

Aradra- fires at Capt and hits him for 9pts.
Chaucer-fires at C5 as he charges and hits him for 7pts.
Mandalo-Steps up after C5 charges him and cuts him from the saddle.
Syldar-fires at C3 and hits for 11pts
Markas-goes total def. and saves himself :)
Kalinn-steps into the charge and her spirit totem hits C3 for 3pts, dropping him.
Capt. Calgerine-charges and just misses Markas
C1-charges and hits Aradra for 15pts.
C2-shoots Syldar for 1pt.
C3-charges and hits Kalinn for 11pts.
C4-charges and misses Chaucer
C5-charges and hits Mandalo for 4pts.
C6-shoots Aradra for 6pts.
C7-shoots and misses Aradra
C8-shoots and misses Mandalo

Last edited:

galahad0430

First Post
Aradra let loose quickly and one of his arrows strikes true. The rest of you ready yourselves for them to come closer. With a roar, Capt Calgerine charges. He ignores Aradra and instead levels his lance at the heavily armored Markas. Markas catches the blow on his shield and turns it away, but he is almost staggered by the force of the blow. The Capt continues past as he looks to wheel around for another charge.

OOC: Whew! Good choice to go total defense there Markas :) .

Last edited:

Remove ads