Bob the World Builder Interviews Kyle Brink

Well, yeah, if you leak confidential information of the company that employs you (that isn't about illegal activity at the company) then you're in trouble. If someone comes to Kyle and admits that they screwed up, and it's determined that they didn't do it for personal gain, they'll probably be retained, because coming forward would help regain trust with your employer.
From my experiences with corporation, I lean towards this answer.

I have no doubt they will figure out where the leaks came from. I'll use the example Neil deGrasse Tyson uses to debunk that the moon landing was faked: there were thousands of people involved at NASA. Only two people were in the room when Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky were together - and that got out. If someone at NASA had proof, it would be all over the place.

I feel like the implication is: we get it. You acted out of love for protecting the product. We might be able to do something. However, if they get dragged out into the open, I wonder about the consequences for breaking any NDA they may have signed, especially since when the stock took a hit over this, Hasbro can no doubt show material damages, whether we agree it's right or not. They can just point at: Leaks revealed day X. DDB subscriptions cratered unnaturally within the next 48 hours, costing us $YM.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Someone else said the interview was done the same day as the 3BH one, so this is simply due to when every creator released theirs
It does not make sense for Brink to be doing these over and over again, rather than him clearing a day and maybe having someone from legal and someone from HR sitting in the room with him, off-camera, knocking these out one after another.

Yaarel

He Mage
(I honestly wonder at times how much longer they'll keep the full library of older editions up there on DM Guild, for that matter. It's already caused PR problems for them.)
I feel the earlier D&D products are important for historical reasons. They are what they are, and that is where D&D comes from.

There is talk about putting a 3e SRD into the CC. I assume, the process of removing protected content also removes problematic content if any.

A 1e-2e SRD would do likewise, to be useful to old-school D&D players, but lacking setting content, problematic or otherwise.

Faolyn

(she/her)
Isn't this about 'leaking' that a company is breaking a law, rather than you just giving out confidential information ?
Either way, though.

The tweets IIRC, suggested that people were risking their jobs if they spoke up about their issues. I'm assuming that Kyle wasn't the one who was firing people. I have no idea if he even had the ability to do so. But it could be very likely that he was in a position where he could tell those people who could fire complainers, and it could also be that people didn't trust that he wouldn't.

Either way, though.

The tweets IIRC, suggested that people were risking their jobs if they spoke up about their issues. I'm assuming that Kyle wasn't the one who was firing people. I have no idea if he even had the ability to do so. But it could be very likely that he was in a position where he could tell those people who could fire complainers, and it could also be that people didn't trust that he wouldn't.
It is good to remember that Kyle has only been in his current position since August/ September of last year. So it is also possible that someone may not know him well enough to feel comfortable coming to him. I know I would want to be real sure how my boss would respond before I confessed to them.

Remove ads