Bob World Builder is soliciting interview questions for D&D Executive Producer Kyle Brink

Pathfinder 1. Thats the totality of why I care at this point.

Yeah. In my opinion not worth the hassle... (pathfinder was more or less 5e with serial numbers filed off and imho 50/50 rules up/down grades. And since you can get 3.x books again, no need. And actually if I were WotC, I would not do it.

Paizo has enough manpower to deoglify it. It has made enough money of WotCs system.

And considering how pathfinder fans treated 4e and its fans, I think WotC will have enough support.

Last edited:

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
And considering how pathfinder fans treaded 4e and its fans, I think WotC will have enough support.

I'm not so sure about that.

It's not universal, but based on what I've seen from commenters and given their prior history ... it would appear that the most vociferous and sustained antipathy toward WoTC comes from those who were massive 4e fans and never warmed up to 5e, and those who were 3e fans and never warmed up to 5e.

If politics makes strange bedfellows, well ... this one is really strange ... and funny, if you think about it.

It's not universal, but based on what I've seen from commenters and given their prior history ... it would appear that the most vociferous and sustained antipathy toward WoTC comes from those who were massive 4e fans and never warmed up to 5e, and those who were 3e fans and never warmed up to 5e.

If politics makes strange bedfellows, well ... this one is really strange ... and funny, if you think about it.

Yes. Correct. But at 4e times, buying 4e books in a game store was not always fun.

You can easily just use con, wis and dex saves. I don't think it is needed for PR.
Yes, but Fort, Reflex, and Will are not just saves. And it is more than that. The 3.5 SRD is something like 2x as long as the 5.1 SRD.

Regarding PR, there is still a lot of people hurt and upset by the last 2 months and some are really keen on getting additional SRDs to CC. If those don’t really matter to WotC, and they are all 5e+ or die, then it is no skin off there back to release them and it would be welcomed by a lot of fans and 3PP. More good press is always a win.

Scribe

Legend

Around here, nobody carries the torch (or cross?), like 4e folks.

Remove ads