D&D General Bob World Builder Recreates WOTC's "Do You Like Me?" Survey!

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
So much this. These non-randomized surveys are worthless except as entertainment. But clickbait's gotta clickbait.

I am okd enough to remember when he was fun, instead of another negativity algorithm tornado chaser.

You must be watching different Bob World Builder videos than I do, because as @Arilyn says, I find him to be one of the most positive and fun people on TTRPG youtube - and even when he is critical, it is measured criticism that avoids the bombast of so much of that content. I should know, I am hiding videos and telling the algorithm I have no interest in the vast majority of gaming channels that I get offered every week because they are actually clickbaity and negative.

He's just having some fun with the survey.

Remathilis

Legend
What is all this negativity toward Bob? I find him to be one of the most courteous, non-click baity you tubers out there. Bob is disappointed with some of WotC's decisions, but is definitely not rolling out "I hate WotC and here's why YOU should too!" videos.

Bob is re-doing the survey out of curiosity. It's not going to have the same results as WotC's but it's fun.
I will take at his word that Bob is doing this in good faith. I do not feel his audience is going to be so open minded. B

Parmandur

Book-Friend
What is all this negativity toward Bob? I find him to be one of the most courteous, non-click baity you tubers out there. Bob is disappointed with some of WotC's decisions, but is definitely not rolling out "I hate WotC and here's why YOU should too!" videos.

Bob is re-doing the survey out of curiosity. It's not going to have the same results as WotC's but it's fun.
You must be watching different Bob World Builder videos than I do, because as @Arilyn says, I find him to be one of the most positive and fun people on TTRPG youtube - and even when he is critical, it is measured criticism that avoids the bombast of so much of that content. I should know, I am hiding videos and telling the algorithm I have no interest in the vast majority of gaming channels that I get offered every week because they are actually clickbaity and negative.

He's just having some fun with the survey.
Eh, I started ignoring him a while ago as he got enmeshed in the algorithm game.

Honestly, there isn't much worth paying attention to in the RPG YouTube scene: mostly I find out any information here first, and there isn't any commentary worth the time put in, unfortunately.

Aldarc

Legend
do you want to follow me gravity falls GIF

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Eh, I started ignoring him a while ago as he got enmeshed in the algorithm game.

Honestly, there isn't much worth paying attention to in the RPG YouTube scene: mostly I find out any information here first, and there isn't any commentary worth the time put in, unfortunately.
Same here. I stopped getting my "news" off of YouTube during the pandemic. Too many tornado chasers, too much clickbait, and far too many ads. Until they change the algorithm to stop rewarding and incentivizing negative engagement, I'll stick to text articles for my news.

(That said? With enough ad blockers, YouTube makes a pretty good jukebox.)

Zardnaar

Legend

New version of the always XYZ os great cheer leader squad.

Anything negative is dogpiked, downplayed, minimized or denied.

Despite WotC actions which actually justify the negativity. Take your pick eg OGL, Pinkertons, job customers etc.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I know there are a couple of Youtube creators who get a hard time here. Bob is not that guy. He's one of the most positive people on Youtube. He talks about gaming in very positive terms and is doing a ton to get people into the hobby.

Remove ads