BoEMII has arrived!!!!

Ishamael

First Post
Urklore said:
After 2 hours of server's being down, no gateway to IP, and the site being down in general I have successfully purchased and downloaded this holy goodness. Should I scoop?

Well....duh!

YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Benben

First Post
Ishamael said:
Anybody got it yet?

Yes.

Bards: Interesting, it works well if you want to up Celtic/Minstrel influence. My game world is full of Harlequins & Philosophers who are also bards so this is only partially useful to me.

Sorcerers: Excellent. The new spell list gives both Wizards and Sorcerers more flavour. The charisma based skills and more skill points rounds them out nicely. I will be implementing this version in my campaign shortly.

Prestige Classes: Excellent all around. Nowhere near as specific as the BoEMI classes. These will see a lot more use.

Feats: A lot of new feats for the bard variant. More Lace feats, which I've never liked. I don't like high ability requirements for feats. I also don't like the lack of spell level increases for lacing spells.

Soul Magic: I need to read this again.

Spells: Generally good, none seemed unbalanced to me. All were rather flavourful, which always wins bonus points with me.

Monters: I *love* the arcane angels. I'll be stealing this for my game world's rabbis.

Magic Items: Have read this yet.

Was it just me or wasn't their supposed to be a fey-touched template in this book?

Bhadrak

First Post
Ishamael said:
I second the call for scoops. What was done to the sorcerer????

Not that much really. d6 for hit dice. More skill points. A more restricted spell list. I didn't study it in too much detail, but that's the general gist of it.

The new bard is pretty cool though.

Prestige classes look really good. The are as follows:

Diplomancer: Enchantment expert..

Eldritch Warrior: Warrior who hones his ability and equipment with magic but doesn't cast spells himself.

Knight of the Chord: Musical Knights - now that's something new...

Song Mage: The Song Mage from Spells and Magic (2E) is back! This time as a prestige class of course...

-Zarrock

Ishamael

First Post
A few questions....

Do sorcerers still suffer Arcane Spell Failure?

Can anyone tell us about Soul Magic? Who can use it?

Thanks for posting guys!

Last edited:

Renshai

First Post
I got it after some server problems. Guess they didn't expect that much network traffic.

After a cursory glance I have to say that I am more than impressed. The new Bard Class is exactly what I was hoping the 3E Bard would be like. Spellsongs, Prestige Classes, the whole bit.

New Feats:

Accompaniment (General geared towards Bards)

Aid Spellcasting (Eldritch)

Amplify Song (Forte) [General]

Create Soul Magic Spell (Item Creation)

Intensify Song (Cresendo) (General)

Lace Spell: Resistant [Eldritch]

Lace Spell: Unravel [Eldritch]

Sustain Song ( Sostenuto) [Genereal]

Vivify Song (Maestro) [General]

Prestige Classes
Diplomancer
Eldritch Warrior
Knight of the Chord
Song Mage

A Chapter on Soul Magic... it looks neat so far... but requires some in depth reading.

Spellsongs
Spellnotes
Spellchords
Spellmelodies

Lots of new spells, magic items, artifacts and monsters...

The new Sorcerer is just what I was looking for. It puts a definable line betwen it and the wizard class. The classes spell selection really fits the class.

I have to go to class now.. or I'd post more :(

Have fun everyone,
Ren

Crothian

First Post
Ya, this looks really good. Now, I need to see if I can take my current Bard and redo him. I doubt I'll be able to, to much change between the classes.

I had no problems with the download. I did have problems with the purchase. After I apid, I got errors and didn't know what to do. Plus, it took them a while to get the e-mail of the link to me. But alls well that ends well.

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Bhadrak said:

...A more restricted spell list. I didn't study it in too much detail, but that's the general gist of it...

The sorcerer_alt spell list is modified heavily in favor of things that go "boom". To quote Monte: "It contains more general, dramatic, call-up-the-power-right-now spells, but fewer divinations, specific spells, or those requiring a lot of time to cast."

Remove ads