BoEMII has arrived!!!!

Crothian

First Post
The cool thing, is the spell list is different from a Wizard. Otherwise it seems he just greatly increased the power of the class.

Welrain

First Post
Wow..what an epic adventure to get my hands on this PDF (printing as I type). White Wolf craps out big style but luckily Internet Explorers cache kicks in..thank god. Ordered fine (after numerous refreshes), got the link but couldnt download the darn thing..crappy 56 kb connection. So i got one of my USA friends with broadband to download it and then transfer it to me.

Total time from start to finish...1 hour 42 mins..not including the 6 hours ive been at my computer clickin refresh before it finally appeared on WW

Going to read it now and it better be damn good..i tell ya..damn good

Crothian said:
The cool thing, is the spell list is different from a Wizard. Otherwise it seems he just greatly increased the power of the class.

That's much too early to say - I'm sure Monte did his homework. Sorcerer's got a few more skills and d6 for HD - both of which makes perfect sense.
The fact that the sorcerer's spell list is now much less versatile than wizards (and can't profit as much from metamagics and don't gain spell mastery)should balance out. Sorcerer's are definitely superb frontline fighters and will probably outdo wizards in unplanned combat most of the time. Wizards are have more resources, however, and a prepared wizard should be able to counter most of what a sorcerer throws at them. I don't think the new sorcerer class is overpowered - but only testing will tell for sure...

-Zarrock

Crothian

First Post
I always thought that the sorcerer was well done before hand. Now it gets more HP, more skill points, more class skills, gains spells earlier (by one level), and doesn't need material components. All that is balanced by a different spell list.

Skywalker said:
RPGnow delivered both BOEM2 and Wild Magic very quickly.

That's Wild Spellcraft. ;) And for the record, when my Spellsinger prestige class comes out in this month's Asgard, please note that I finished it before BoEM2 came out. I don't want to be accused of plagiarism.

I wonder why Morrus didn't predict this and already add the option to review the book. Could someone post a thorough review here, including a number score, which could later be put into the reviews database on the main site?

Magical Talent

That was a hard one for me to reference. It's in the PRINT version of the BOEM, which means it's also available as a free download on our site (everything that's in the print version that wasn't in the pdf version is available for free on our site).

You can get it (with a bunch of other feats) here:

www.montecook.com/arch_stuff1.html

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I sincerely hope you like the product.

Remove ads