Borderlands Film

Mad_Jack

Legend
I never played the video games, but it does look like it could be entertaining. (On the other hand, I definitely the potential for it to go wrong with pushing the humor too far.)

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
I never played the video games, but it does look like it could be entertaining. (On the other hand, I definitely the potential for it to go wrong with pushing the humor too far.)

Humor is a big, big, part of the games, so pushing it "too far" will likely appeal to extant Borderlands fans (I know it will appeal to me). That is to say, if you're looking for serious post-apocalypse action, you should look elsewhere.

Last edited:

I'm not really sure what to think. I liked the games, but this is clearly not going to be that much like the games beyond the basic aesthetics. Which isn't necessarily bad, it just doesn't give me a lot to work with in terms of expectations.

The first thing that I noticed is that the casting seems really weird. IMNSHO, Roland had more in common with The Rock than Kevin Hart. Cate Blanchett, Jamie Lee Curtis, Ariana Greenblatt, and Gina Gershon are all roughly twice the age of the characters they're based on. Also, I'm a little concerned about seeing Ellie listed as a character on IMDB; that has potential to go bad very fast. Still, all good actors, though, so it's worth a shot.

Chartreuse

First Post
I'm not really sure what to think. I liked the games, but this is clearly not going to be that much like the games beyond the basic aesthetics. Which isn't necessarily bad, it just doesn't give me a lot to work with in terms of expectations.

The first thing that I noticed is that the casting seems really weird. IMNSHO, Roland had more in common with The Rock than Kevin Hart.
I showed this trailer to my husband, and he thought that Anthony Mackie would have been a better choice for Roland than Kevin Hart. Which was based on his performance in Twisted Metal.

Remove ads