Boston EN Boards gathering a huge success!

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Dr. Midnight, Chronosome, KidCthulhu, Bill Door, Umbran, Gospog, Daeroon, and DaveLozzi, all gathered in my living room playing five hours of Feng Shui! It was glorious. The story hour is being written up for those interested.

Balsamic Dragon, Conaill, et al... we missed you! The next game will be either Paranoia or Marvel Superheroes (a local Boston superhero team.)

Did the Toronto EN Boards gathering happen yet?

Last edited:

Davelozzi

Explorer
He's right, it was a lot of fun. Action packed once again. Thanks for hosting, Piratecat...and thanks for a great game, Dr. M!
Now, I should go check out that story hour.

Last edited:

Dr Midnight

Explorer
Hey, cool, I was just coming over to General RPG Discussion to post a "Wanna read what happened at the ENboards Boston event?" thread.

Writing the story up just doesn't do it justice. I mean, it should be really fun to read, but it was SO much fun to play. Piratecat's accented one-liners, the out-of-game jokes and... uh... Chronosome's accented one-liners.

Chrono's "Cuddly" Jack Starkey is now my favorite PC of all time, I think... great stuff.

Ahh. If only they actually made action movies based on Feng Shui games. So much happened last night that would be better than 97% of what you see in most action flicks.

Thanks to Piratecat for hosting, and thanks to everyone for playing. I can't wait to get together with you guys for the next game.

Last edited:

Very glad to hear that all of you had fun! It's great to hear about gatherings of ENBoarders--i know the chicago gameday we had out here at the beginning of January was absolutely fantastic. That story hour should be very interesting to say the least!

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Balsamic Dragon, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.
I'm always a bit envious hearing about these get-togethers, Lan-parties too. I don't really have the money to travel anywhere. Then again, the only people online that I know well enough to visit aren't pencil and paper RPG players. :) In fact, there are probably a few people reading this thinking, "Who's Bran Blackbyrd? Oh wait, I think I saw him making an ass of himself on that one thread..." Hehehe. Anyway, I'm glad to hear you guys had fun. It's nice to hear about members of our community coming together and having a good time.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Bran Blackbyrd said:
Balsamic Dragon, now there's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time.

She's well; wrapped up in law school, though. We'll get together and game one of these days. My PC's lecturing of his son to be a martial artist instead of a lawyer was my gift to her in absentia! :)

I really like the Boston EN Boarders I've met; good gamers, lots of fun. After the game we sat around for another hour just talking until we kicked 'em out at midnight. It was very, very cool.

Bran, are you implying that Alliance, Ohio isn't a seething hotbed of gamers?

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Most certainly, a grand time was had. My thanks to Piratecat for hosting, and to Dr. Midnight for running the session. :)

I'll make the small correction, that P-cat actually didn't throw us out. A few last stragglers realized that we needed to get going or else we'd have problems catching the last public transportation of the night. If we weren't so restricted, he might have had to chuck us, 'cause we sure weren't showing many signs of moving :)

Last edited:

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
Piratecat said:

She's well; wrapped up in law school, though. We'll get together and game one of these days. My PC's lecturing of his son to be a martial artist instead of a lawyer was my gift to her in absentia! :)

I remeber her from the WOTC 3E boards, before 3E was actually available. One of the few people that I thought had their head out of, *ahem*, on straight.

Bran, are you implying that Alliance, Ohio isn't a seething hotbed of gamers?

Alliance isn't a seething hotbed of anything, except maybe semi-urban decay, mediocrity, and Wal Mart...
On the other hand, I believe this is Paul Steed's hometown (Hello Quake2 players) so I suppose it isn't all bad.

Acmite

First Post
Piratecat said:
Did the Toronto EN Boards gathering happen yet?

Nope, it had to be aborted. A combination of it being moved to Gamers seeking Gamers and probelms with the board caused most people to lose track of the thread. Plus, the proposed weekend just sucked for a lot of people.

I'm going to try to get another one going, though. After hearing about how much fun y'all (see I can talk like an American!) had, I'm that much more eager to get a meet going.

Good to hear you guys had fun.

Mark

Remove ads