Bother Around Beregost

Land Outcast

Explorer
Someone in need!, caution will have to be moved so that we can move faster

"Quick! let's make haste!" Says Neraw as he starts advancing before any of his companions manages to react. As fast as he can he moves towards the source of hte scream, doesn't sheathe his weapon though.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Korik tries to stop his eager friend to slow him down before he walks into a situation he may regret later. "Careful friend, lest you be the one screaming. Stealth may be a better option now."

Wilphe

Adventurer
The scream dies and in a few minutes the silence is such as if it had never been. Above the trail there is a break in the trees, and you can begin to see a few puffs of thin white smoke rise into the air. Probably a few miles in front of you, from the direction of the scream.

industrygothica

Adventurer
"A gnoll on a spit," Korik snickered. "As good a place as any for the rotten dogs."

Korik pauses and looks around the trail once again. "Looks like it's on our way; I reckon we'll be findin' out for certain soon enough."

Land Outcast

Explorer
Nerawstops and looks at Korik, now under a new light, the silent caravan guard resulted to be more than what seemed on at first "You're right, I shouldn't be this hasty" Maybe they were right, maybe I'm too young to be a proper Knight Errant... "Let's keep our pace, we shall find what's going on... if darkness falls I have confidence in our skills to fend off some gnolls, or goblins, or whatever falls upon us"

Daronas

First Post
"I thought I would be the one to rush us headlong into and ambush". Mykal chuckles softly, and pats Neraw on the back. "I think it's wise to pay heed to the ranger's words in these circumstances".

Wilphe

Adventurer
The group cautiously picks it's way along the trail, noting a few other sprung traps along the way - a few darts embedded in a tree trunk, with the tell tale smell of poison still on their tips here. A small pit there. Grim growls at the stink of goblin on all of them. This continues on until you get to within half a mile of the fire, which is clearly small and localised, though the screaming has stopped for the moment.

Grim suddenly stops and freezes, staring at the path ahead as it turns a corner round a clump of holly, though he doesn't growl. There is a low noise up ahead, a dull thud and a muffled clang as metal hits woood.

Korik: [sblock]Grim can smell goblins, coming your way. You can hear them round the corner, 3 of them maybe? One of them just tripped over a root by the sounds of it [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
Wilphe said:
The group cautiously picks it's way along the trail, noting a few other sprung traps along the way - a few darts embedded in a tree trunk, with the tell tale smell of poison still on their tips here. A small pit there. Grim growls at the stink of goblin on all of them. This continues on until you get to within half a mile of the fire, which is clearly small and localised, though the screaming has stopped for the moment.

Grim suddenly stops and freezes, staring at the path ahead as it turns a corner round a clump of holly, though he doesn't growl. There is a low noise up ahead, a dull thud and a muffled clang as metal hits woood.

Korik stops abruptly and raises his sickle hand to silence his comrades. If they were standing to the side of him, his friends would see the drool dripping from his yellow tusks as the corners of his mouth rise in a sadistic grin.

"It's goblins," he whispers to his group. "about three of 'em from the sounds of it."

Wilphe said:
Korik: [sblock]Grim can smell goblins, coming your way. You can hear them round the corner, 3 of them maybe? One of them just tripped over a root by the sounds of it [/sblock]

If Korik and Grim can get off the trail quickly and quietly enough to move around through the brush and come back behind the goblins in a flanking position, he does (assuming his partners hold their position). Otherwise, he stands his ground, weapons ready, and prepares for a charge (and possible overrun, depending on their position) as soon as they round the corner.

[sblock=Wilphe]Korik has the Run feat, so he can run at a speed of 150 ft.[/sblock]

ooc: If it's a matter of initiative, I'll hold the above action to see where I come in at, and adjust Korik's actions accordingly.

Land Outcast

Explorer
Amazed at Korik's keen earsight -or paranoy- Neraw musters "Let them come then", maybe they haven't yet heard them, no need to make noise around. He readies his blade and his shield, waiting for the creatures to show up.

Wilphe

Adventurer
OOC:
paging Hal and Mykal
White courtesy phone please

Korik:
[sblock] The Undergrowth around the path is pretty thick and you'd be hard pressed to do it quietly. [/sblock]

Remove ads