Bows and Arrows ~~ Stackable?

Alaska Roberts

First Post
Ok here it is.

I have an Arcane Archer in my campaign, who has a +3 bow, he also has magical arrows. Do they stack?

I cant seem to find this anywhere, maybe im just not looking in the right spot. Or maybe I cant find it cause im looking for it.

HELP ME.

Thanks in advance. The people on this bored Rock!!!

graydoom

First Post
Yes, they stack.

The description of Masterwork Arrows and so on on page 113 PHB mentions that those stack with masterwork bows, but I haven't been able to find the more general rule. I'm sure it is in there somewhere, though... I'm just not looking in the right place.

graydoom

First Post
Ah, I found it.
DMG pages 176-177.

From the DMG, pages 176-177
Different named bonus types all stack, but usually a named bonus does not stack with another bonus of the same name (except for enhancement bonuses to armor and shields, enhancement bonuses to ranged weapons and their ammunition, dodges bonuses, synergy bonuses, and some circumstance bonuses).

Last edited:

Fenes

First Post
Which means that if you have a dedicated archer in the group, and a couple GMWs to spare there is nary a monster that will not get shot full of holes.

50 +3 arrows at level 9, for 9 hours ... swiss cheese anyone? I don't even try to imagine casting the spell with my bard on both the arrows and the bow of the archer (fighter) we have in the group.

JLXC

First Post
Arcane Archers are pretty cool... they have competition from the new Deepwood Sniper class in MotW!

Decisions, decisions... heh.

Skullfyre

First Post
Fenes said:
Which means that if you have a dedicated archer in the group, and a couple GMWs to spare there is nary a monster that will not get shot full of holes.

50 +3 arrows at level 9, for 9 hours ... swiss cheese anyone? I don't even try to imagine casting the spell with my bard on both the arrows and the bow of the archer (fighter) we have in the group.

Depends on the level of the Arcane Archer.
At level 5 the arcane archer can enchant arrows at +3
So as long as the archer has a supply of arrows, he will always have magic arrows(eventually it becomes +5(level 9 I believe)

Last edited:

Remove ads