Bradley Cooper as Indiana Jones? Didn't see that coming!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
For a middle-aged version: how about Bruce Campbell? Sure, he should probably lose some weight...

The story about why the Raider's scene with the swordsman and the gun turned out the way it did was pretty funny/terrible.

Bruce Campbell, hmmm. food for thought.

I understand Harrison ford had dysintary and had to go really bad, several time and simply lost patience and instead of th3 planned big fight scene his pulled the gun and shot the swordsman. It was supposed to be a whip vs sword fight, I hear.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
I understand Harrison ford had dysintary and had to go really bad, several time and simply lost patience and instead of th3 planned big fight scene his pulled the gun and shot the swordsman. It was supposed to be a whip vs sword fight, I hear.

Yeah, that's about it. Ford could only be away from facilities for a few minutes, so the whole choreographed scene was dumped. "We need this filmed today." "I can't do it. He's sick." "Do it anyway." "What am I supposed to do, have Indiana Jones just shoot the guy?" "... um... yeah. That could work."

Scott DeWar

Yeah, that's about it. Ford could only be away from facilities for a few minutes, so the whole choreographed scene was dumped. "We need this filmed today." "I can't do it. He's sick." "Do it anyway." "What am I supposed to do, have Indiana Jones just shoot the guy?" "... um... yeah. That could work."

"Cut! that's a take!"

" It better beeee...." voice drifts away as he runs back to the pota-poty . . . . .again.

Elf Witch

First Post
I think it would be great to see Harrison Ford in a mentoring role of new young archaeologist. That way you can cast a new actor as the younger action hero without people going no only Ford can be Indy.

If they go for the middle age Indy as they did in Raiders then there are several actors who I could see do the role justice. Off the top of my head Richard Armitage, Jeffrey Donovan, Christian Bale. I am sure I could come up with more.

I am not a fan of Bradley Cooper.

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Problem with Christian Bale is he has no emotions. Ever notice how he almost always plays character who are emotionally repressed or crippled? It turns him into a cardboard cut-out. I haven't seen him be in any way a real person since Reign of Fire.

Elf Witch

First Post
Problem with Christian Bale is he has no emotions. Ever notice how he almost always plays character who are emotionally repressed or crippled? It turns him into a cardboard cut-out. I haven't seen him be in any way a real person since Reign of Fire.

That was what I was thinking of him from. Another actor and I admit this may just be lust talking is Karl Urban. But he is talented. He really captured Bones in the new movies without being a caricature and he played a younger Tommy Lee Jones in Comanche Moon and caught the mannerism and way of talking.

Zombie_Babies

First Post
Michael Bay should direct it.

Hells yes. Explode-o-pr0n!

I guess you haven't seen American Hustle yet. He's amazing in it.

Oh and Karl Urban could star in just about anything, IMO. That guy's legit.

Scott DeWar

I would agree that Jeffery Donavon is a good action hero kind of guy, I just don't think he has the dr. jones kind of acting. Bruce Campbell would have the attitude, Maybe Alek Baldwin?

I would agree that Jeffery Donavon is a good action hero kind of guy, I just don't think he has the dr. jones kind of acting.
Maybe he could. Indy isn't a complex role. Pretty much any halfway decent actor can pull it off. What may be a bit more troubling is gettin an actor that can pull off the look.
Bruce Campbell would have the attitude, Maybe Alek Baldwin?
These two can't pull off the look. They have let themselves go way to far and fat. With those two, most of the movie would be filmed using their stunt guys.

I wouldn't mind a total reboot of the franchise with a young actor. I would actually prefer that if they do reboot the franchise, they stay away from remaking any of the original Indiana Jones movie.

Remove ads