Break of Dawn Part 2 [Manzanita judging] COMPLETED

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos seems wary of Dunbar, knowing that the man apparently served the false Graven willingly, but concentrates his efforts on encouraging the party to destroy this half of the amulet if possible, or find a new secure location for it, far removed from its matching half.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion offers to safeguard the amulet for now. The elf needs less unconscious rest than the others, and when he is trancing, his wolf Garma is always protecting him.

[sblock=DM: ]Sorry it took so long. I'm okay with ending preemptively.

[sblock=DM Only: ]Quarion promised he would do his best to take the amulet back to the Guardian at Dawn, and he meant it. If the group allows him to safeguard it, he plans to disappear with it. I was prepared to have him fight the group if it came down to it. If he can't get the group to agree to have him safeguard it, then he will do his best to take it by force/take it from wherever they deposit it.

I'm thinking about retiring Quarion after this adventure. It might be interesting if he can sneak away with the amulet and watch over it with the Guardian. I would like to see XP before retiring him, though, so I can make a higher level PC...[/sblock][/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Lord Graven, you clearly have used your position, money, and power for evil. You are lucky that the devil didn't kill you. In fact, in punishment for your sins, we could easily tell the world that it was so when we came here. However, I believe in redemption. Your wealth, however, should be put to a better use."

"My friends, I suggest that we requisition Lord Graven's treasury--there may be other devilish items that need to be confiscated or destroyed, and the rest of the funds we can keep a bit for ourselves and donate the rest to our choice of charities in honour of the group that died before we were hired."

"I will have my sister keep this half of the amulet safe. However, we have discovered now that the Guardian was lying to us. I think that the Guardian and the evil demon trapped there are one and the same. It seems to me that we may want to retrieve the other half and make sure it is stored in a place far from the first and far from those who would misuse it as well."

NakuruSai

First Post
jkason said:
((OOC: Just checking in. Are we waiting on the DM, or is the DM waiting on us?))

Mordik raises a suspicious eyebrow at anyone suggesting they take the amulet but has no intention of interfering should they decide to. He is interested, but doesn't want to risk the same situation that ruined it's previous owner.

((OOC: I'm waiting on the DM. ))

B4cchus

Explorer
Wrapping it up

Hi all.
I am wrapping up this adventure here after a lot of waiting on your side (once again... sorry).
I will be resuming some of my activities with LEW in the following weeks, starting with this wrapup.

The party finds a safe place to hide the amulet, far away from evil hands and vile minds.
Graven, deeply ashamed, retires from public life and end his career in researching things evil.
You help him destroy a large part of his collection, mainly books on occult topics and items that may be used for evil purposes.
He thanks you for rescueing him and helping him back into the light.
He rewards each of you with a large part of his treasury. You all recieve 1500 gold pieces in cash and a deed to spend an additional 2500 gold pieces.
You can keep the items that you already ´borrowed´, including the horses.

in short.
Loot is 1500 gp in cash and a deed to spend an additional 2500 gp each.
Xp (rp and encounters + time)
eanos 5: 2736+3000=5736
mordik 3: 2736+1800=4536
quarion 4: 2736+2400=5136
odno 2: 2736+1200=3936
aletheia 2: 2736+1200=3936

Thank you all for participating and again sorry for being absent to many times.

Regards,
B4cchus.

jkason

First Post
Ooc

Thank you all for participating and again sorry for being absent to many times.

Regards,
B4cchus.

Thank you for running a compelling adventure that kept me waiting for the final outcome. I've hit my own snags on regular posting, and I only have to worry about my own character. I can only imagine how difficult it is to DM one or more games with other RL issues eating up one's time.

Thanks for wrapping things up, B4cchus, and for helping give Eanos some IC motivation for his next level being cleric, what with all these devils about. :) Heck, thanks for getting him *to* that level. :)

jason

jkason

First Post
Party Equipment - stake a claim

Hey guys, I'm just starting to look at leveling up Eanos, and I realized he still has a load of party equipment, in his haversack and on his horse. If anyone wants to lay claim to anything, feel free; if not, I'm likely to sell a lot of it to make room in the overstuffed haversack. Still debating if having the horse is worth the stabling fees and such. In any case, this is what I have on Eanos' sheet:

--Party equipment (in Haversack)--

1 sunrod (from Quarion) 1lb
28 torches 28lbs
a bullseye lantern 3lbs
4 winter blankets 12lbs
6 waterskins 24lbs
a flint and steel --
2 bedrolls 20lbs
14 pints of lampoil 14lbs

Party equipment weight: 92 lbs

--Party equipment on horse--

1 coils of 50' hemp rope 10lbs