Breaking News: Kuo-Toa Not Froggy Anymore

Orius

Legend
hong said:
That said, all of these fish-folk tend to merge into each other after some time.

Ain't that the truth. Has anyone ever used locathah?

Kuo-toa and sahuagin are really about the only piscine races a campaign needs.

Orius said:

What, not Mer-People or Sea Elves?

I thought you needed at least one race that can furnish imperilled undersea princesses.

Voss

First Post
I was pretty certain that, due to their genetic superiority, even in their weird mutant sea elf form, all Sea Elves were Sahuagin at this point.

Lizard

Explorer
Dr. Strangemonkey said:
What, not Mer-People or Sea Elves?

I thought you needed at least one race that can furnish imperilled undersea princesses.

WOTC sez:You don't need races that ain't fer killin'.

That said, I like the Kuo-toa art. The 3e art makes them look like grippli.

The 4e TOH better have crab people in it. You can never have enough undersea races. I never got this whole "Why do you need 'y' races when 'x' will do?" attitude. Because it's FRACKIN' D&D, *that's* why!

Aeolius

Adventurer
Orius said:

Merfolk, sea elves, and locathah make up the staple of "core" races in my campaign. There's still room for tritons, nereids, and sea sprites, of course; the better to battle the sahuagin, morkoth, and ixitxachitl.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Voss said:
I was pretty certain that, due to their genetic superiority, even in their weird mutant sea elf form, all Sea Elves were Sahuagin at this point.

In the 1e MM, it hinted to a relation between sahuagin, sea elves, and drow. Granted, "The Sea Devils" (one of the few 2e supplements I both own AND recommend) changed that a bit.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Orius said:

Depends on the campaign now, doesn't it. Me, I have no use for humans, dwarves, and other drylanders; save for use as NPCs.

Aeolius

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
But then I don't think I've even seen 3e kuo-toa art, or their MM entry...
For comparison:
MM35_PG164a.jpg

Remove ads