BrOp's Age of Worms Adventure Path (OOC)

Bront

The man with the probe
Posted, and added a Rank in Local Knowledge.

I'm looking towards getting into the Recaster. I need 2 Metamagic feats. Take one at first, and one at 3rd, and I can get in at 5th level. At 6th, I take Skill focus Knowledge (Arcane probably), and I should qualify for Loremaster at 7th (not sure I'll take it then, but I'll qualify). With the racial substitution levels for the changeling, I don't get the free metamagic feat at 5th, I get morphic familiar instead.

Besides, Extend is one of the more useful metamagic feats (Extend Mage Armor is a usefull L2 spell).

Last edited:

D20Dazza

Explorer
Fixit

Code:
[B]Name:[/B] Fixit
[B]Class:[/B] Artificer
[B]Race:[/B] Warforged
[B]Size:[/B] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[B]Alignment:[/B] Neutral Good
[B]Deity:[/B] Onatar
[B]Action Points:[/B] 5

[B]Str:[/B] 10 +0 (2p.)            [B]Level:[/B] 1        [B]XP:[/B] 0
[B]Dex:[/B] 12 +1 (4p.)            [B]BAB:[/B] +0         [B]HP:[/B] 7 (1d6+1)
[B]Con:[/B] 12 +1 (2p.) +2 racial  [B]Grapple:[/B] +0     [B]Dmg Red:[/B] 2/slashing
[B]Int:[/B] 14 +2 (6p.)            [B]Speed:[/B] 30'      [B]Spell Res:[/B] N/A 
[B]Wis:[/B]  8 -1 (2p.) -2 racial  [B]Init:[/B] +1        [B]Spell Save:[/B] N/A 
[B]Cha:[/B] 16 +3 (16p.) -2 racial [B]ACP:[/B] -0         [B]Spell Fail:[/B] 0%

[B]Base  Armor Shld   Dex  Size   Nat  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Armor:[/B] None               10     +3  +0     +1   +0    +0    +0    14
[B]Touch:[/B] 11              [B]Flatfooted:[/B] 13

[B]Base Mod  Misc  Total[/B]
[B]Fort:[/B]                      0    +1    0     +1
[B]Ref:[/B]                       0    +1    0     +1
[B]Will:[/B]                      2    -1    0     +1

[B]Weapon               Attack   Damage     Critical[/B]
Hvy Mace                  +0     1d8        x2
Light x-bow               +1     1d8        19-20/x2 80'

[B]Bolts Used:[/B] 0

[B]Languages:[/B] Common, Draconic, Elven

[B]Abilities:[/B] 
Racial
*Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis,disease, nausea, fatigue,
exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain
*Only heal half damage from cure spells and fx
*Vulnerable to spells and fx that affect metal and wood (as long as the
effect is not restricted to objects)
*No need to eat, sleep or breathe but can gain the benefits of consumable
spells, fx and magit items
*Composite Plating: +2 armour class (5% spell failure)
*Light Fortification: 25% chance to avoid critical and sneak attack damage
*Slam attack: 1d4 damage
Class
*Infusions: To access infusion level need an Int equal to 10 + the infusion
 level
*Craft reserve: Use instead of xp to create magic items
*Artificer knowledge: DC 15 check to determine if an item has a specific 
magical aura; bonus is level + Int mod
*Artisan bonus: +2 Use Magic Device to activate an item that he has the 
prerequisite item creation feat
*Disable trap: As rogue ability
*Item creation: UMD check (DC20 + caster level) for each spell normally 
required to create the item; 1/day per spell;
effective caster level +2 for meeting item pre-reqs; if it emulates a spell fx 
that fx is 2 levels lower; can also emulate non spell fx (alignment, race)
*Scribe Scroll

[B]Craft Reserve:[/B] 20

[B]Feats:[/B] Ironwood Body (+3 AC, DR 2/slashing)

[B]Skill Points:[/B] 24    [B]Max Ranks:[/B] 4/2
[B]Skills                   Ranks  Mod  Misc  Total[/B]

Appraise (Int)                2    +2          +4
Concentration (Con)           2    +1          +3
Craft (Int)                   2    +2          +4
Disable Device (Int)          2    +2          +4
Know (Arcana)(Int)            2    +2          +4
Know (Arch & Eng) (Int)       1    +2          +4
Know (Local) (Int)	     .5    +2          +2.5
Know (The Planes) (Int)       2    +2          +4
Open Lock (Dex)               2    +1          +3
Profession (toy maker) (Wis)  2    -1          +1
Search (Int)                  2    +2          +4
Spellcraft (Int)              2    +2          +4
Use Magic Device (Cha)        2    +3          +5*

*Artisan Bonus +2 UMD

[B]Equipment:               Cost  Weight[/B]
5 candles                 5cp   -
5 pieces of chalk         5cp   -
2 flasks	          6cp   03lb
Hammer                    5sp   02lb
Inkpen                    1sp   -
Light Crossbow           35gp   04lb
Heavy Mace               12gp   08lb
20 crossbow bolts         2gp   02lb
Warforged Repair Kit     50gp   01lb
ID Papers, with portrait  5gp   -
Satchel (Backpack equiv)  2gp   02lb
Belt Pouch (large)        2gp   01lb
Artisans Tools, m'work   55gp   05lb
Sunrod x2                 4gp   02lb
Flint and Steel           1gp   -
Red Ink                   8gp   -
Blue Ink                  8gp   -
Mirror, sm steel         10gp   .5lb
2 Scroll cases            2gp   01lb
Sharn Inquisitive sub    10gp   -

[B]Total Weight:[/B]31.5lb      [B]Money:[/B] 2gp 4sp 4cp

[B]Lgt   Med   Hvy  Lift  Push[/B]
[B]Max Weight:[/B]     33    66    100  200   500

[B]Age:[/B] 6
[B]Height:[/B] 6'7"
[B]Weight:[/B] 200lb
[B]Eyes:[/B] Blue
[B]Hair:[/B] N/A
[B]Skin:[/B] N/A

Infusions Known: 2+1 Infusions Used: 0

[sblock]Armour Enhancement, lesser
Energy Alteration
Enhancement Alteration
Identify
Inflict Light Damage
Light
Magic Stone
Magic Vestment
Magic Weapon
Natural Weapon Augmentation (RoE)
Repair Light Damage
Resistance Item
Shield of Faith
Skill Enhancement
Spell Storing Item
Weapon Augmentation, Personal[/sblock]

Appearance: Fixit is a hulking brute that has engraved himself with various formulas and recipes some of which he has shaded with different coloured inks and paints. He sports a heavy leather tool pouch on his front and carries a large mace.

Unusually for a Warforged he also wears big leather boots that are covered in small press studded pockets (He's hoping to make some Fixit's Handy Boots in the future). Most believe he sports the boots for extra storage but in reality he has a phobia about getting his feet wet. He thinks that being in constant contact with the moisture of the earth will make him rust from the ground up, the added storage is just a bonus. He also has problems with his eyes from doing a lot of small detail work and has crafted himself a set of goggles to make his life a little easier, these goggles are held in place with a small, tight leather belt (think aviation goggles). He wears a leather skullcap. Several childish charms, which have been given to him by children he has gifted with his creations, hang on leather throngs around his neck. Over his shoulder he wears a leather satchel with several compartments in it.

Background: Fixit is very imposing (although children never seem bothered by his appearance) but generally has the heart of puppy, especially where children are involved. He can get riled up though, and suffers serious embarrassment after he has calmed down. He loves mystery and reading and has a current subscription to the Sharn Inquisitive. He also loves creating toys to give to children. In fact, one of the pouches of his satchel is full of small toys and trinkets that he gives to children.

Fixit never made it to the war. In fact he never made it out of Sharn during the war. A minor Cannith noble, heavily in debt to The Boromar Clan, was forced to divert some of the Warforged being produced in the Cannith foundry to pay for his indiscretions. Fixit found himself being passed from owner to owner until he wound up in Diamond Lake working for Teren the Magewright.

Teren put Fixit to work as a labourer. Slowly, as he has interacted with the Warforged he grew impressed by his quiet determination and ceaseless striving to be the best at what he chooses to do. Teren began to reverse his opinion that Warforged were just items to be used, machines to make life easier. Fixit had shown some aptitude and a thirst for knowledge and Teren has slowly come to appreciate that he is a sentient being and does not deserve enslavement. It wasn't long before Teren couldn't teach Fixit anymore. Teren has sponsored Fixit as an apprentice Artificer.

Zan (Bront's PC) first met Fixit when he was 'indentured' to Teren. Zan was an inquisitive child and provided Fixit with a ready companion to discuss the theories behind magic. While Zan took an interest in magic in its purest form Fixit wanted to know more about the mechanics behind magic. Even though Zan probably doesn't realise it he was very helpful in
influencing Fixit's career choice.

Last edited:

Bront said:
Posted, and added a Rank in Local Knowledge.

I'm looking towards getting into the Recaster. I need 2 Metamagic feats. Take one at first, and one at 3rd, and I can get in at 5th level. At 6th, I take Skill focus Knowledge (Arcane probably), and I should qualify for Loremaster at 7th (not sure I'll take it then, but I'll qualify). With the racial substitution levels for the changeling, I don't get the free metamagic feat at 5th, I get morphic familiar instead.

Besides, Extend is one of the more useful metamagic feats (Extend Mage Armor is a usefull L2 spell).
Just remember that you are not required to take every racial substitution level. You could only ever take the substitution level at first, and not the one at 5th or 10th. Or you could have skipped the 1st level one, and only taken the 5th level one. Mix and match to your heart's content.

Ranger Rick

First Post
Branding Opportunity said:
I am creating a Rogue's Gallery thread so that everyone can post their completed characters. I'd like to make my first IC post this weekend, so would it be too much to ask everyone to finish their characters (with all the tees crossed and the eyes dotted) by Friday? Let me know.

I can also let you know that I will be doing most of my posting in the evening EDT, and on weekends. I am pretty busy weekends, and generally only have time to shoot off the occasional short post.

Here are also a few notes for the posted characters:

Someone: Your BAB and Grap should both be +0, as far as I can see.
Bront: Just curious why you chose Extend Spell as a feat. Plan on casting double-duration cantrips?
Ranger Rick: I know your character is just a rough outline, but you're Fort save should be +3.

Thanks BO.

Also, FYI I will be offline friday and this weekend. So I can start posting this Monday.

PS I guess I do not need to tell you in the other game.

Erekose13

Explorer
OK, fine, twist my arm, 9 it is (I am such a pushover). I'll probably regret having this many folks in the group, but at least it won't be dull! ;)

BTW, I have no problem with two rogues in the group. You get such a wide skill selection that they are the most diverse class by definition.

Erekose13, still interested?
Branding Opportunity, I would still be interested, but while I can have my character done today, I will be away from Friday till next Tuesday on vacation. I can start in after that if you'll still have me.

Erekose13 said:
Branding Opportunity, I would still be interested, but while I can have my character done today, I will be away from Friday till next Tuesday on vacation. I can start in after that if you'll still have me.
As we're just getting started that's not much of a problem. We'll just NPC you as necessary.

Glad you can join us.

Bront

The man with the probe
Just remember that you are not required to take every racial substitution level. You could only ever take the substitution level at first, and not the one at 5th or 10th. Or you could have skipped the 1st level one, and only taken the 5th level one. Mix and match to your heart's content.

Yes, but I like the 1 and 5, and I may not even get to 10th level wizard (if I take recaster at 6 for 5 and Loremaster for 10, thats 20 levels total.

Captain Tagon

First Post
Erekose13 said:

And a front line of three sounds a lot safer than a frontline of two.

MadMaxim

First Post
Have you got room for one more, Branding Opportunity? This sounds extremely exciting. I've been thinking along the lines of an elven swashbuckler.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads