Bucklers

Tetsubo

First Post
In D&D [3.5] bucklers are strapped to the forearm. I've never liked this as it runs counter to how a buckler is actually used. They are actually held in your off hand. They are a much more dynamic form of defense then the larger shields. Aiding the user in both disarming and grappling with an opponent. To reflect this I propose granting a +2 bonus to a user in both Disarming and Grappling attempts if held in the hand as they should be. Does that sound balanced?

Tetsubo said:
In D&D [3.5] bucklers are strapped to the forearm. I've never liked this as it runs counter to how a buckler is actually used. They are actually held in your off hand. They are a much more dynamic form of defense then the larger shields. Aiding the user in both disarming and grappling with an opponent. To reflect this I propose granting a +2 bonus to a user in both Disarming and Grappling attempts if held in the hand as they should be. Does that sound balanced?
Bucklers also don't block ranged attacks very well. I suggest taking your bonus and add the penalty that ranged attacks ignore the AC bonus of the buckler.

Remove ads