• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[C&C] Holy Smokes ... I'm REALLY Impressed!

Vocenoctum

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
Yeah, clicking on the BACK icon is a real pain.

That's the same idea as why SPAM emails are okay. They're easy enough to delete...

Really, I have nothing against C&C, Iron Heroes, Blue Steel, or any of the other myriad of alt's out there, but they don't capture my attention. My comment has more to do with the thread titles being non-representative of the subject rather than a hatred of C&C. (Though, isn't C&C supposed to go in the OGL folder with IH and D20 Modern?)

Anyway, it was not a major headache, just a simple request and I meant no offense to the original poster. It works both ways anyway, if someone was looking for info about C&C, they wouldn't have noticed the thread.

Mycanid

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
Anyway, it was not a major headache, just a simple request and I meant no offense to the original poster. It works both ways anyway, if someone was looking for info about C&C, they wouldn't have noticed the thread.

And no offense was taken in the least my good sir! :D

I thought the mod putting C&C in the thread's subject line was a great idea. Helps to attract more people....

Treebore

First Post
yipwyg42 said:
I love the C&C books, however I just wish they officially had all classes up to 20th level.
This is minor but would be nice to have. I saw that someone unofficially did this but would still like it done by Troll Lord Games.

I am adapting 3E PrC's for my 10th level and higher play. Plus I am house ruling some increase in class powers for my players who want to be "straight" classed, which is only one player of the Ranger. The Thief Dual classed into Wizard. The Paladin is the one going into a PrC adaptation. Inquisitor.

S'mon

Legend
Raven Crowking said:
My game allows fey characters, and uses feats as a mechanic to seperate them into different types of fey. Would that still work?

I wouldn't recommend it, no. C&C isn't really designed for differentiation via mechanics in that way. For one thing, there are no feats. Maybe you can turn them into racial abilities similar to what dwarves & elves get.

S'mon

Legend
yipwyg42 said:
I love the C&C books, however I just wish they officially had all classes up to 20th level.

The way all save bonuses and spell save DCs go up +1 every level, I really don't think C&C is designed for play in a 1-20 level range. I think the 1-12 thing is intentional and that's what I use IMC.

Imaro

Legend
Treebore said:
I am adapting 3E PrC's for my 10th level and higher play. Plus I am house ruling some increase in class powers for my players who want to be "straight" classed, which is only one player of the Ranger. The Thief Dual classed into Wizard. The Paladin is the one going into a PrC adaptation. Inquisitor.

Hey Treebore, I've been thinking about doing this with my 3.0 splatbooks and was wondering what if any were the issues that arose as well as what is your general methodology for assigning experience cost etc. Any info/help would be great.

Treebore

First Post
Imaro said:
Hey Treebore, I've been thinking about doing this with my 3.0 splatbooks and was wondering what if any were the issues that arose as well as what is your general methodology for assigning experience cost etc. Any info/help would be great.

My biggest concern was making the Paladin overpowered. He is, but he is paying 50,000 xp's extra to advance every level from now on. So he may be over powered for a 12th level character, when he gets there, but everyone else will be higher levels, eventually. Plus he has to earn the extra 50,000 to earn his first level covered by the PrC, which is 10th.

He seems to be having second thoughts about wanting this PrC powers.

As for the xp's I decided those based on how much I thought was warranted in comparison to the Wizard. Now he is only 25,000 xp's short of the Wizard.

Mycanid

First Post
Okay S'mon ... I signed up. I will take a look at the hundreds of posts (!) ... wow ... a fair amount of activity there. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads