• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=J Alexander] The ring's appearance is awesome, and Padraig will treat it as a gift from the Dragon Saint himself. However, Dragon Shaman isn't a spellcasting class. I'm not objecting to the item, just making sure you know it doesn't really add to my effectiveness. I guess it might encourage me to branch out into sorcerer for a level or two... [/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
Nijel Bladesong

[sblock=J. Alexander] Since Nijel no longer needs his +1 magic 1/2 plate armor, he will try to trade it in for a magic battleaxe. Does he have any luck doing this? I'm assuming that the special armor that gives a bonus to Nijel's abilities is full plate. If that's not what you intended you can tell me that, as well.

I was also thinking that Nijel is going to have a serious need for a squire to help put this armor on and take it off at night. :D [/sblock]

Last edited:

J. Alexander

First Post
Leif

For Leif
[sblock]Yes it is full plate...and you have no trouble switching to a battle axe...that is what this month long process is for :)..to tweak and tweak and tweak and yes a squire is acceptable if you want[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
J. Alexander said:
For Leif
[sblock]Yes it is full plate...and you have no trouble switching to a battle axe...that is what this month long process is for :)..to tweak and tweak and tweak and yes a squire is acceptable if you want[/sblock]

I went ahead and traded the half-plate for a battleaxe, and I've added the armor to Nijel's character sheet. I even tried to make a fashion statement with it. :) Nijel has decided, against my advice, to apply the +2 bonus to his charisma under ordinary circumstances. The extra charisma gives him another attempt to turn undead and another spell to cast. (I swear that big blondeheaded booger always wished he had been a cleric!) This will be the ordinary state of affairs at least for awhile, since moving the bonus to a different ability can't be done just on a whim.

Now I've got to start working on a squire to pry Nijel's butt out of that tin can, uh, armor at night.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Andor

I got my hands on spell compendium. There are several sun spells (sun body, sun beam etc) that would fit to theme of Sun cleric, but unfortunately all are druidic spells.

DM, would you allow me to add them to spell list for Pelor's priest via Radiant Fire feat?

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Gah, being busy sucks. So does being sick. Both at the same time is just a recipe for a bad week. I'll have some PC info posted today. :\

Leif said:
...would you mind working with me to do a backstory for our two characters to explain why a paladin and a warlock are adventuring together, instead of trying to kill each other? Like, say, I was thinking something along the lines of twins separated at birth and raised very differently or something?

Having thought about this some more, here's my current idea on this:

Fey blood in our family line comes by way of n*greatgrandmother who was a changeling (in the classical mythology sense, i.e., a fey creature swapped with a baby shortly after birth). At some point when we were young (somewhere between 6->10) we experienced an event relating to fey magic which created a natural resonace with our fey heritage. For whatever reason, you experienced this event as something traumatic and chose to shun/repress your link to the fey as something unnatural. My character instead chose to embrace the promise of power it offered.

Thoughts?

Leif

Adventurer
Okay! Get Well Soon!!

Pyrex said:
Gah, being busy sucks. So does being sick. Both at the same time is just a recipe for a bad week. My current idea on this:

Fey blood in our family line comes by way of n*greatgrandmother who was a changeling (in the classical mythology sense, i.e., a fey creature swapped with a baby shortly after birth). At some point when we were young (somewhere between 6->10) we experienced an event relating to fey magic which created a natural resonace with our fey heritage. For whatever reason, you experienced this event as something traumatic and chose to shun/repress your link to the fey as something unnatural. My character instead chose to embrace the promise of power it offered. Thoughts?
Sounds good, but let's make the "event" in question something that might frighten your average child, so my reaction is not unusual. Like something involving the Wild Hunt, perhaps, or maybe a comet strike, or something equally violent and dangerous?

Pyrex

First Post
Dangerous is good, I'm not so sure about violent.

Stat Rolls: Stats for Aidan Bladesong

HD Rolls: Yar, rolling 70+ % on 3d6 is hard. Roll #15 finally gets there

Questions for J. Alexander:
1) Since I'm looking using Fey Heritage as his link to power instead of the assumed Fiendish source, can I swap either KN(Arcana) or KN(Planes) out as a class skill to swap in KN(Nature)?

Last edited:

Remove ads