• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Call to the Four Lands

Leif

Adventurer
Aidan and Nijel

OK, dangerous is cool, just forget the violent part.

Is the Bladesong name alright with you? Feel free to make changes if you want.

Redclaw

First Post
[sblock=J Alexander] Awesome change on the ring. I'm loving the boost, and I think the rest of the crew will appreciate the benefit it conveys. :) [/sblock]

Pyrex

First Post
Leif said:
OK, dangerous is cool, just forget the violent part.

Is the Bladesong name alright with you? Feel free to make changes if you want.

Works for me. It rationalizes easily as the Fey blood came from our mother while our father was a respected warrior. No bonus points for guessing which sibling takes after which parent. :lol:

So here's what I'm thinking for the 'event'.

We're off wandering/playing in the woods when our fey blood inadvertently allowed us to pierce the protective veil surrounding a glade where a fey ceremony was taking place.

Despite Nijels pleas to get the heck out of dodge, Aidan stayed hidden behind a tree to watch the ceremony. The wash of magical energy at the end of the ceremony is what awakened his warlock talents.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Aidan and Nijel

I like it very much! Good story!

Now, I suppose Brother Nijel will find himself in the unenviable position of wanting to protect his Brother Aidan from the evil wild magic while still paradoxically depending on Brother Aidan to protect him from the same wild magic. Kinda makes Brother Aidan the cool brother, and Brother Nijel the anal-retentive, neurotic brother. Art imitates life, I guess. :D

But Brother Nijel finds release from his neurotic tendencies on the field of battle, where he shines the brightest. So it all balances out. I'll work that into my character history tonight, and you can check my work tomorrow.

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
A mostly-complete draft of Aidan Bladesong has been posted in the RG. Equipment & background (as well as the last of his skill ranks) will follow shortly.

Questionaire:
What hand is used by the character?
--Right-handed

What is the characters favorite weapon
--Given his eldritch blast Aidan has little use for weapons, but he does keep a stout cudgel (a Club) strapped to his belt for those times when someone needs some sense knocked into them.

What is the characters principal weapon
--As above, his Eldritch Blast

Does the Character wear any jewlery?
--Aiden wears a curiosly-shaped piece of rose quartz he found in the woods on a leather thong around his neck. He found it the day of his thirteenth birthday and considers it a good luck charm.

Does the character have any family heirlooms etc that he carries
--He should have something from his mother, but I'm not sure what yet.

Rank in order of your preference: Armor, Weapon...Jewlery....Misc.
--Misc -> Jewelry -> Armor -> Weapon

The colors the character favors in his clothing and equipment.
--His affinity with nature leads Aidan to dress in greens & browns accented with blue.

What is your preference....ability, feats...or magic
--Feats -> Magic -> Ability

J. Alexander

First Post
Answers to questions

For Neurotic

I dont have a problem with that switch out but lets just limit it for now to those two domains.

For Redclaw
Given the history and background the knowledge switch makes perfect sense but you sill need to take at least one level in knowlede plans :)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Andor

I have Glory and Sun domains, Radiant Fire just adds several (I believe 5, I'll check) to cleric spell list. It doesn't allow me to cast more spells or anything. It does leave several spell levels unfilled or filled with strange spells. I'd take sun spells and replace existing list if they are same level...

Pyrex there is even better option that goes like this: 4d6.takeHighest(3) koji kaze uzmi 3 najveca broja od cetiri

Remove ads