• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling all German residents, re: Essen Game Fair

LcKedovan

Explorer
Hi,

I am thinking about going to the Essen Game fair at the end of October. Has anyone here been before that can relate their experience, or is planning on attending this year?

-Will

Thanee

First Post
If you havn't visited the games fair yet, it's surely worth it!
It's huge and there is always a lot to see. :)

The rpg stuff tends to be a bit more dull these days, where you can preorder anything in the internet way before it hits the shelves, so don't expect to be flooded with new and exciting things, but there still is a lot to see (especially if you are one of those guys who do not know every single book on this planet inside out ;)) and you'll have plenty opportunities to look into books and even try games (especially non-rpg, but also rpg, at least at the major companies' boothes).

The non-rpg area is great fun as well, you can spend hours upon hours there usually!

Anyways, I can only reassure you... give it a try! You won't be disappointed for sure. :)

Bye
Thanee

Berandor

lunatic
Hey Thanee! Moved from Aachen to Meerbusch?

Anyway, the Essen Games Fair is always great fun. While the RPG hall is cool, I spend most of my time testing and looking at board and card games exhibited there.
I usually try to attent for two days, the first just walking around, watching, buying, the second just playing whatever game happened to catch my interest. Of course, I usually fail to attend for two days, as well :)

It's not really a big RPG convention, although we have a lot of role-playing and live-rpgs as well as music etc. going on, but it's really a games fair for all kinds of games.
Plus, it's lumped together with a comic exhibition, so there's even more than games.

Berandor
is already saving for and planning his trip :D

LcKedovan

Explorer
Maldur said:
Its big, and Ill probly will be there :)

Biggest game fair in Europe at the least I hear. You will be coming from .nl? Cool....

I'm getting the idea that maybe we should have an ENWorld meet-up!?!?!

-W.

jabberwocky

First Post
I'll probably try to come to this. I'm living in Koeln at the moment, and have been massively starved for gaming. This is the first event I've heard about since ive been here (hell, I can't even find a single gaming store in this city!)
on a tangential note, anyone in the koeln area looking for gamers?

paranoid

I will also be there, probably on Friday and Sunday. I can definately recommend it to anyone living in the area, because it is fun. OK, you cannot expect many new rpg releases there, but you can find everything that is already released, browse through it, haggle a bit...
You can also find much out-of-print material, and of course DICE. Lots of dice. I am always looking for new and exotic ones. I also like "classical" board games, and the ability to play-test all the new ones is sure worth it.

hope to see you all there,
paranoid.

Remove ads