• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling all German residents, re: Essen Game Fair

LcKedovan

Explorer
jabberwocky said:
I'll probably try to come to this. I'm living in Koeln at the moment, and have been massively starved for gaming. This is the first event I've heard about since ive been here (hell, I can't even find a single gaming store in this city!)
on a tangential note, anyone in the koeln area looking for gamers?

jabberwocky,

A friend of mine and fellow co-game designer lives in Koeln. I don't know if he has any gaming space but I can ask him, if nothing else he should be able to tell you if there are any shops in the area and where :). As for the fair Koeln isn't far from Essen from what I can tell.

-W.

The Cardinal

First Post
jabberwocky said:
on a tangential note, anyone in the koeln area looking for gamers?

depends on what you are willing to call "Köln area" - I'm living between Düsseldorf, Solingen, and Wuppertal, about 20-30 min. drive from Köln...

jabberwocky

First Post
LcKedovan said:
jabberwocky,

A friend of mine and fellow co-game designer lives in Koeln. I don't know if he has any gaming space but I can ask him, if nothing else he should be able to tell you if there are any shops in the area and where :). As for the fair Koeln isn't far from Essen from what I can tell.

-W.
LcKedovan,
that would be great, thank you!
yeah, essen is only about an hour from me by DB, so I'll prob. try to make it up there as many days as I can. unfortunately, that's prob only going to be saturday since i have to work 14-22:30 thursday and friday. stupid work, always interfering with the things i want to do!

LcKedovan

Explorer
jabberwocky said:
LcKedovan,
that would be great, thank you!
yeah, essen is only about an hour from me by DB, so I'll prob. try to make it up there as many days as I can. unfortunately, that's prob only going to be saturday since i have to work 14-22:30 thursday and friday. stupid work, always interfering with the things i want to do!

Haha, yeah I hope to take the two days off since I will have something like a 5 hour drive up from Munich.

-W.

jabberwocky

First Post
The Cardinal said:
depends on what you are willing to call "Köln area" - I'm living between Düsseldorf, Solingen, and Wuppertal, about 20-30 min. drive from Köln...

I am unfortunately carless :(. Public transportation? I'm in enough withdrawal to deal with an hour or so of travelling to game again. :)

nsruf

First Post
I'll be there from Thursday to Saturday. Can't tell you how it is from personal experience, but I have heard only good things about the fair so far. Especially if you like boardgames and other stuff besides RPGs.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Hehe. Lots of Germans, all speaking English even though they are amongst themselves in this thread. :)

I love the internet. :cool:

- English-speaking Austrian Darkness

The Cardinal

First Post
Stimmt, eigentlich könnten wir uns auch gleich in Deutsch unterhalten - oder spricht einer der anwesenden Gäste kein Deutsch? ;)

@jabberwocky: mit ÖPNV dauert es ebenfalls ca. 20-25 Minuten von Köln bis zu unserem winzigen Bahnhof - das Problem wird höchstens der Rückweg... d20 leite ich übrigens so gut wie nie, auch wenn ich es recht gern spiele... (Ich bevorzuge GURPS - und manchmal BESM und Unknown Armies)

LcKedovan

Explorer
Darklone said:
I'll be there this year.

What about a little ENboard party there?

That was my very thought earlier in the thread. I just need to book the time off to confirm how many days I am there, but I am all over this idea!

-W.

Remove ads