• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling all German residents, re: Essen Game Fair

LcKedovan

Explorer
Ahrimon said:
Anyone know how far it is from Kaiserslautern? Also, how common is english there? I can speak a tiny bit of german but the language barrier is something I haven't had much luck getting past. I wouldn't mind driving (or riding the train) up there. But I think it would put a serious damper on my first con if I had no idea what was being said or what was going on.

Ahrimon

Hi Ahrimon,

Well, as I mentioned I am Canadian so I speak British English ;). So feel free to join the parade. Most of the ppl on here speak enough english and really, how much do you need to speak as your armies swat the opponent aside beside the "EAT THAT SWINE!" :D. It should be a fun time and I am starting to look forward to it!

-W.

Dakkareth

First Post
Whoa, I'd have never thought that ...

Krefeld is just around the corner from Moers, where I live. And Meerbusch isn't too far away either iirc.

And I didn't even know, there was such an event near here.

*shakes his head*

Although Essen isn't too far away, I'm poor and next month's money is already spent :p :(

Still, miracles happen :)

-dakkareth

LcKedovan

Explorer
Dakkareth said:
Whoa, I'd have never thought that ...

Krefeld is just around the corner from Moers, where I live. And Meerbusch isn't too far away either iirc.

And I didn't even know, there was such an event near here.

*shakes his head*

Although Essen isn't too far away, I'm poor and next month's money is already spent :p :(

Still, miracles happen :)

-dakkareth

:D How often does a crew of ENWorlders get to meet up in Germany!?! Hope you can make it!! :D

-Will

Thanee

First Post
Berandor said:
Hey Thanee! Moved from Aachen to Meerbusch?

Hey, hey! :)

Yes, I have moved back to Meerbusch for now... let's see where I'll end up eventually... that's yet undecided! ;)

Bye
Thanee

Dakkareth

First Post
I'll be in Greece with my Classical Greek Course at the time of the Spiel and there's nothing to do about it. :(

Not that it won't be fun, but I miss the Spiel, a German Brass concert and a techno-mathematical seminar, which I had wanted to attend. Oh well, that's life. :(

sword-dancer

Explorer
The Game Fair is definitely worth it IMPOV!
In No Paricular order

You could see and test small Inidependent Games including RPGs like Arcane Codex, Space Gothic,
OOP Games and RPG Supplements
Even Contact with the designers, where else could you get a KoKCS signed from Dave Kenzer in Germany :D

A good selection of comics, Mangas and Animes(Mabe this years this will cost me more than the gamens itselves)

Oh and don`t believe you could save money on the fair, even if the prices of the new/standard items are cheaper, form e the OOP are taking the a major part of the budget.

LcKedovan

Explorer
HURAAH! I have my holiday officially approved as of today so I am DEFINATELY going to be there for the entire convention. So, let's start planning the beers!

-W.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads