• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Calling all German residents, re: Essen Game Fair

LcKedovan

Explorer
Berandor said:
Unfortunately, I won't be there at all (death in the family).

So don't wait for confirmation from me.

B

My condolences Berandor. Shame you won't be there but it is a damn good reason. There will be other daya. All the best and we'll still see you around the boards. If you ever come to Munich let me know and the first beer is on me. (Well perhaps IN me!)

-Will

bensei

First Post
Just decided: I'll probably be there, too. Friday for sure and Saturday perhaps.

LcKedovan (or whoever knows): Can you give some fixed times when "ENworld meetings" are taking place? From this thread I conclude Friday, 12:00 at AMIGO. Is this correct? Some other times?

LcKedovan

Explorer
bensei said:
Just decided: I'll probably be there, too. Friday for sure and Saturday perhaps.

LcKedovan (or whoever knows): Can you give some fixed times when "ENworld meetings" are taking place? From this thread I conclude Friday, 12:00 at AMIGO. Is this correct? Some other times?

Friday and Sunday at 12:00. If anyone wants to email me before Thurs. morning I will send you my mobile phone number. I will be there all week.

-Will

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Damn. Didn't check the boards before I went to Essen. Didn't see this thread.

I was in Essen on Saturday. Have been going there for the third year now. We usually go there one day, mainly to get a good bargain for rulebooks and stuff. I had mixed results:

Wanted to get BoED and Underdark, but they weren't there yet. Wanted to get BoVD, too, but that was nowhere to be found. And in general the prices were weak this year. Last year that "Price in $ = Price in ?" was great, but now it is just normal, I get that on the shops anyway - and the whole year, and they send it free of charge. The 3.5 Gift Set was even more expensive (on the one booth where I saw it) than in the online-shops.

BUT: WDS had some boxes with stuff that had some minor flaws and gave it away for 50% the normal price. I was able to get Midnight for 17?, and 5 Secrets of the Clan books from Rokugan for ?11 Each. Yay.

The booth where they sold out Chainmail minis wasn't bad, too.

All in all, it wasn't bad, and I'll be there next year again.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Mist. War nicht hier auf den Boards bevor ich nach Essen bin. Habe dieses Thema glatt übersehen.

Ich war am Samstag in Essen. War das dritte Mal bis jetzt. Wir fahren normalerweise für einen Tag hin, hauptsächlich um günstig an Regelwerke und so weiter zu kommen. Hatte gemischte Erfolge:

Wollte mir BoED und Underdark kaufen, waren aber noch nicht da. BoVD war nirgends zu finden. Die Preise waren sowieso schlecht dieses Jahr. Letztes Mal war "Dollarpreis = Europreis" noch richtig gut, aber jetzt ist das normal, so bekommt man das Zeug auch in Onlineshops - und zwar das ganze Jahr über und Versandkostenfrei. Das 3.5-Geschenkset war (an dem einen Stand, wo ich es gesehen habe), sogar Teurer als in den Shops.

ABER: Am WDS hatten sie mehrere Boxen mit Regelwerken, die kleine Schönheitsfehler hatten und deshalb für 50% des Preises verkauft wurden. Hab' mir Midnight für 17? und 5 der Secrets of the Clan Bücher für Rokugan für je 11? geholt. Yay!

Der Stand mit dem Chainmail-Miniaturenausverkauf war auch nicht schlecht.

Alles in allem war es nicht schlecht. Werde nächstes Jahr wieder da sein.

LcKedovan

Explorer
KaeYoss said:
Damn. Didn't check the boards before I went to Essen. Didn't see this thread.

I was in Essen on Saturday. Have been going there for the third year now. We usually go there one day, mainly to get a good bargain for rulebooks and stuff. I had mixed results:

That is a shame KaeYoss, we had a good time. I managed to hook up with nsruf, Darklone, nonresonance, and Bensei (that was Benji's nick right)?. Fun was had by all and I am looking forward to meeting up with them all at a con sometime soon. I'll post a full update today :D!!

Was awesome to meet everyone!

-Will

nsruf

First Post
LcKedovan said:
That is a shame KaeYoss, we had a good time. I managed to hook up with nsruf, Darklone, nonresonance, and Bensei (that was Benji's nick right)?.

Yup, that's his nick. And who is nonresonance? I didn't realize one of the other guys does post at ENWorld, too.

Fun was had by all and I am looking forward to meeting up with them all at a con sometime soon. I'll post a full update today :D!!

With pictures, I hope:D

Was awesome to meet everyone!

Yay!

Remove ads