• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can a dead character be healed by RAW? (Forked Thread: Bloodied vs. Dying)

Goumindong

First Post
You can indeed heal them. The trick is, the only thing that stops a dead character from being dead is the raise dead ritual, so yea, they can take healing and use all the surges they want. They're just still dead.

Thanee

First Post
Also, since dead is obviously not the same as dying (and it only says you fall unconscious when dying), you should become conscious at that point and can take actions again, right?

Bye
Thanee

Brys

First Post
Also, since dead is obviously not the same as dying (and it only says you fall unconscious when dying), you should become conscious at that point and can take actions again, right?

Bye
Thanee

Let's play along. Sure you can be conscious again, but you're also still dead, so no actions. If you get raised at some point in the future, hopefully you haven't gone completely insane yet. But if you have, that could be fun to rp too.

keterys

First Post
Well, is dead defined in the system? I mean, is there anything that says you can't take a full set of actions while dead? ;)

Regicide

Banned
Banned
Well, is dead defined in the system? I mean, is there anything that says you can't take a full set of actions while dead? ;)

It doesn't say you can't, and wizards who use the lich ritual can certainly take actions after they've died. I think we have enough evidence to support that you can take actions with characters that are in the dead state.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads