• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Can a Lawful Good character be flexible and fun to play?

tylermalan

First Post
Well, that is the distinction in my post. In the real world, I can't get into people's heads as I am not God nor does he talk me. In the game world, I can get into the NPCs heads.

The point being, a game system can use an alignment definition that requires access to the "insides of heads" but in the real world we have no recourse but to rely on observed behavior.

I agree. If the real world had an objective moral standard, the only way that we could feasibly "label" people would be to watch how they behave and give them an alignment to which their behavior most closely adheres.

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Quote from a 13 year old paladin in yesterday's game - 'Some times you need to smite evil, some times you just need to punch it in the face.' Explaining to a superior in the order why he was in a bar brawl in the previous game. :p (Actually, he started it, sort of. He was protecting one of the ladies present from some unwanted attention.)

The superior told him 'carry on then', clapped him on this back, and sent him on his way. :lol:

The Auld Grump

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads