D&D 5E cancelled 5e announcement at Gencon??? Anyone know anything about this?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
That said, the position is not much different from saying the following: Any truthful answer you receive is very dependent on all of the context surrounding the situation resulting in the answer remaining true/static.

Thing is, the statement in question is was - "we talked about all the points/topics that we planned on In the seminars and interviews at the con."

The context of the statement is past tense. For it to not be static, WotC would have had to travel in time!

Come to think of it, that WotC had developed a time travel device, and were now engaged in temporal warfare with alien RPG companies from the future, might explain a lot.... :p

Shemeska

Adventurer
Come to think of it, that WotC had developed a time travel device, and were now engaged in temporal warfare with alien RPG companies from the future, might explain a lot.... :p

[tongue in cheek]

Is this one of those situations where for the good of mankind they decide to collapse in a death spiral by releasing little to no product, shedding market share like mad in order to prevent any evil future rpg company from existing in the first place by dragging the industry down as a whole now and in perpetuity because they are or were the 800lb gorilla? Because if so they might be doing pretty well at that and they might be wiser than we think, saving us from this far future, time traveling alien rpg company and all. God bless them and their foresight!

[/tongue in cheek]

Dark Mistress

First Post
Maybe they was going to announce they was going to skip 5e and go right to 6e which would be a interactive 3d environment, that you could send your mind to and play out games live.

Of course, an intended 5E-related announcement could have simply been, "Get a grip people - there is no 5E yet. Now go buy any of our fine products that are still in print."

Then again, didn't they do that before? Announce that there are no alien mind control lasers, and then reveal that there ARE?

Crothian

First Post
Here's a link to the original rumor, or the rumor of the rumor, on this site:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/309804-scooping-morrus-site.html

Anyone have a link to anything better?

I was with him (Morrus) when he got one of the messages and I know who the source is. The person is not one I know that would spread unfounded rumors and they are in a position to know. I was a little surprised when I heard who Morrus was getting the information from.

Remove ads