Level Up (A5E) Capstone abilities at level 20 − as superfeats to choose from

The capstone abilities at level 20, some classes and archetypes have one that is an awesome reward, some classes and archtypes have one that disappoints.

Let each player pick the capstone ability that they want. Have a list of capstones, like a list of superfeats to choose from. Some can be class specific, some can be generic.

the Jester

Legend
While I agree that some class capstones are better than others, what you are suggesting looks a lot like epic boons. If you're going to keep playing past 20th level- and I see no reason not to- you may want to save those for epic play. But I absolutely agree about adding more, both class and race specific and otherwise; for instance, the first epic pc in my game is a dragonborn, and I added a few options to enhance his breath weapon.

Stalker0

Legend
While I agree that some class capstones are better than others, what you are suggesting looks a lot like epic boons. If you're going to keep playing past 20th level- and I see no reason not to- you may want to save those for epic play. But I absolutely agree about adding more, both class and race specific and otherwise; for instance, the first epic pc in my game is a dragonborn, and I added a few options to enhance his breath weapon.

I was thinking the same thing. The epic boons list is probably a good table to use for your 20th level "options". I don't think there is any option on there that would really be out of line for a 20th level character to have 1 of.

Remove ads