WOIN Career prerequisite questions

MacD

Just a tourist passing your way...
I thought that was odd too
Within OLD 1.1, druids got an exploit named "elemental druid" or something like that, which included two of the four classic elemental secret (with the option to choose it twice for all four of them); I think with 1.2 it got some re-flavouring that feels right but nobody thought about the prerequisites of the druid career... happens ;-)

Luk

First Post
I have a question what is the matter with the requirement of statistics for some careers, e.g. AGI 3+, that is, what do you need to have 3 and more or more than three ?

Luk

First Post
Thank you for the answer, so there are careers that require sufficiently high statistics, but you start with such high statistics at the beginning

khash

First Post
then requirements of the 3+ attribute makes no sense, and requirement of 4+ is barely any. All other requirements actually pose some challenge and requirements to character design, this attribute requirement is pointless noise.

TheHirumaChico

Explorer
The 3+ requirements are there in case of new races which have attribute penalties, or other reasons why an attribute might be reduced.
I would also think that these requirements can be used to calibrate ordinary NPCs if one chooses to build them in a similar fashion to full-stat PCs. It harms nothing to set these outer boundaries (floors/ceilings) for GMs even though these may not have much impact on the players.

Remove ads