• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Castle Whiterock

Sunderstone

First Post
Jengenritz said:
So Sunderstone...you've had it a while, any more impressions?

Sorry Ive been busy for abit. BTW my copy of 51.5 arrived 2 days ago.

After reading some of the first adventure book, I must say i'm very, very impressed indeed. At first the Boxed Set looked daunting by the sheer size of the books etc, then I read the first few pages of the "Red" adventure book.
I've never seen something this size that well organized. The handout breakdown by dungeon level (there are alot of handouts), the key location sheet, the NPC section (allies and adversaries), the locations of various spellbooks found throughout the dungeon (a nice touch), and every single level of CW has a "scaling information" section (I wasnt expecting this).
Then theres even the pre-gen characters if you want to start right away. There's also the Morraine Gazetteer for a built-in setting
As for the story/plot, I havent read that much into it yet. From what I see and not going into spoilers, I like very much. Im a huge fan of the older AD&D modules like the Slaver series (I ran the individual modules A1-A4 a few times many years ago), So the homage is a plus for me. That said, it stands on its own quite nicely too.

My two minor concerns...
1) Im kind of scared to read further because it is that good. Had I purchased CW before I started my current AoW campaign, I might have run this first. Im not saying one is better than the other (Im a huge fan of the paizo stuff), but this boxed set is unbelievably better than I thought it would be.
2) I have trouble getting my account activated at the goodman forums :) . I never got my registration activation email. I dont know if its my ISP's moody, more than picky spam blocker though. Help Me! :)

All in all, an unbelievably awesome product. Just this boxed set and the three core books will have you busy for a long, long time in an easy (for a change) to run campaign.

In Nerd-speak™ .... "Within the whirling storm of pages, you are struck by the Castle Whiterock monster and are Staggered at 0 hp".

Good Stuff and a 3E/3.5E must buy as far as im concerned. Grab it before it's gone.

Jengenritz

First Post
Sunderstone, that's awesome...I'm glad you like it so far. The index of keys, their locations, and what they unlock is my favorite of the indices.

Also, I'm a mod on the GG board...sign in as a guest there and PM me your email (or just tell me here), I'll check it against the banned email/domain/what-have-you list. If it's on our end, I'll try to figure it out.

I'm also Jengenritz on the GG board.

Last edited:

Sunderstone

First Post
Jengenritz said:
Also, I'm a mod on the GG board...sign in as a guest there and PM me your email (or just tell me here), I'll check it against the banned email/domain/what-have-you list. If it's on our end, I'll try to figure it out.

thanks its ghostguy at verizon dot net

S'mon

Legend
It sounds awesome. I don't run 3e anymore since I burned out on the rules load, but I might consider picking it up to convert to C&C. How heavy is it on the 3e stat blocks? If those were excised, would it still be worth $100?

Thurbane

First Post
wk6bfp.jpg

Jengenritz

First Post
Sunderstone...I checked the ban lists and the disallowed lists, and you're not in there. Doesn't look like it's on our end.
Is it possible the confirmation email went to a spam folder?

Thurbane...nice image. One of the first things (soon-to-be-published Eberron Inquisitives author) Jeff LaSala did when he was brought on to write the (amazing) Morrain gaz was work up a White Castle logo reworked to say "Castle Whiterock" (below)...

whiterock.jpg

Sunderstone

First Post
Jengenritz said:
Sunderstone...I checked the ban lists and the disallowed lists, and you're not in there. Doesn't look like it's on our end.
Is it possible the confirmation email went to a spam folder?

just checked it but it goes as far back as the 22nd only. Is there anyway you can activate my account and ill try logging in?

I might have forgotten my password, and when i click "Forgot my password" it tells me my account isnt activated and I cant even get past that too. :\
If you get it activated I can at least get a new password and if it doesnt show up, ill check the spam folder right away instead of waiting so long. My spam folder only goes back 4 or 5 days.

goodmangames

First Post
Sunderstone said:
2) I have trouble getting my account activated at the goodman forums :) . I never got my registration activation email. I dont know if its my ISP's moody, more than picky spam blocker though. Help Me! :)

I've activated your account. Post away!

Remove ads