• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Catastrophe!

WEContact

First Post
"Hoo hoo, ve gots a goot fight, boyz und gorlz!" Ignatz crows. He glances at Dina and Shakar to see if they're preparing any magic, but his blood is pounding in his ears, and the wild power of the Prim is rushing through his veins. At the last second Dina shouts a command, and she points Ignatz' manic violence like a missile. He descends on the nearest kruthiks like a storm.

Lightning dances along the blade of his gouge, and a thunderclap follows his swing, which, in turn, is followed by a chorus of agonized keening. Ignatz ducks through the writhing mass of kruthiks, his footsteps laced with electricity, and delivers a final terrible blow that stills the last of the swarm. Ignatz, of course, is only interested in more challenging prey. He sprints through the cave, his eye on the queen. Something gets in his way, however, and Ignatz reacts exactly like you might expect him to: violently, with bared fangs.

[sblock=Actions]
I start my turn adjacent to the swarm and take 6 damage
Minor: Body of the Wolf
Standard: Thunder Hooves Rage HIT Kswarm H56 AC 28 for 35 damage (halved to 18)
AP: Pressing Strike (shift->V55) CRIT Kswarm H56 for 50 damage (halved to 25) killing Kswarm H26
Free: Swift Charge to V46, Howling Strike HIT Sentinel R45 AC 17 for 24 damage[/sblock]

[sblock=Statblock]Ignatz Jägerkin - Male Half-Orc Barbarian 4
Status: Raging, Augment Energy (+2), Wolfen, Magic Weapon (Dina)

Initiative: 18, Passive perception: 19, Passive Insight: 13

AC:20 Fort:18 Ref:16 Will:13

HP: 42/48 Bloodied: 24 Surge value: 12 Surges/day: 6

Speed: 6 squares, AP: 0, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 2

Melee Basic Attack: +9 vs AC, 2d6+7 brutal 1 (Claw: +10 vs AC, 1d8+6)
Powers: Body of the Wolf, Howling Strike, Pressing Strike,
Furious Assault, Swift Charge, Desperate Fury, Brutal Slam, Shrug It Off,
Thunder Hooves Rage[/sblock]

Last edited:

Medina

Explorer
Corragan is taken somewhat by suprise as they round the corner, having not realised more Kruthik could be lurking so close.

[sblock=Statblock]
Corragan - Male Elf Druid 3
Initiative: +5, Passive perception: 24, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18 Fort:13 Ref:16 Will:18
HP: 37/38 Bloodied: 19 Surge value: 9 Surges/day: 4/7
Speed: 8 squares, AP: 1, Second Wind: unused, Temporary HP: 0
Melee Basic Attack: +4 vs AC, 1d10+2 (Savage Rend in Beast Form; Surpise Strike for Savage Rend for opportunity attacks in Elven form)
Powers: Wild Shape, Savage Rend, Fire Hawk, Grasping Tide
Thorn Spray, Sudden Bite, Predator's Flurry, Elven Accuracy, Surprise Strike, Battle Awareness
Summon Giant Toad, Alfsair Spear Daily
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Ignatz' electric fury washes over and through the swarm of tiny kruthik. It manages to singe most of them, but it seems as though he just couldn't kill all of them. Like a sword cutting through a cloud of flies, he hacked and swung, felling masses at a time, but no matter how much he swung his gouge, Ignatz just couldn't seem to finish them all off.

OOC: Basic attack from Rampage misses. Still waiting on Dina's initiative and possible 1st round actions.

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
GM: Sorry for the extra delay. Things went crazy and work and everyone else in the house was sick. I'm on vacation next week, but will be away at a convention next Thursday through Sunday.
OOC: I doubt he'd mind if you rolled his initiative and if he won, had Dina use Resistive Formula, Adaptive Stratagem, and Provocative Order on Ignatz.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Initiative (1d20+10=22)

Dina was starting to remember things about her past lives. Anticipating maneuvers in war that served the battle-scholars of Mireva.

She stands in the midst of her allies and empowers their own attacks through a javelin that strikes the newly hatched swarm, Ignatz follows the javelin in, sending the half-orc into their midst.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Shift to X61.
Standard: Magic Weapon (1d20+10=19, 1d6+5=7) (W56: AC 19, 7 damage)
(All Allies gain a +1 power bonus to attack and a +4 power bonus to damage.)
Action Point: Provocative Order
Free (Ignatz): Howling Charge (1d20+9+1+1=15, 4d6.minroll(2)+1d6+7+4=27) (W56: AC 15, 29 damage)[/sblock]

OOC: This should be the corrected stat block. I'm pretty sure Dina had an AP to spend as I see no mention of her using one in the previous battle.

[sblock=Dina's Stats]Dina - Deva Artificer-Warlord 3
Passive Perception 16, Passive Insight 16
AC 19, Fort 13, Reflex 17, Will 18
HP 38/39, Bloodied 17, Surge Value 8, Surges 5/7
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second Wind []
At-Will Powers: Magic Weapon, Commander's Strike
Encounter Powers: Provocative Order [x], Phantasmal Henchman [], Phantasmal Henchman Attack [], Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes [], Use Vulnerability [], Curative Admixture [], Inspiring Word [], Adaptive Stratagem []
Daily Powers: Punishing Eye [], Philosopher's Crown [x]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

WEContact

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I want you to make me charge the swarm at H26. (Which, if these are not custom monsters, does not have the usual resistance to melee/ranged or vulnerability to area/close) This is how my turn will go if you do that and I deal between 24 and 55 damage:

[sblock=IF DINA WINS INIT AND USES PROVOCATIVE ORDER]
==Dina==
Provocative Order, Ignatz hits Kswarm H56 AC whatever for like 30 damage

I start my turn adjacent to the swarm and take 6 damage
Standard: Thunder Hooves Rage hits Kswarm H56 for 31 damage, likely a kill if PO hit
Move: ->T52
AP: Pressing Strike CRIT Kswarm S52 for 46 damage
Free: Rampage MBA MISS Kswarm S52 AC 14
Free: Augment Energy, +2 to Rampage MBA, HITS S52 AC 16 for 14 damage
Free: Swift Charge to V46, Howling Strike hit Sentinel W45 for 20 damage[/sblock]

This is how my turn will go if you use Adaptive Stratagem and AP Magic Weapon and I roll well or crit on the Provocative Order charge:

[sblock=YOU THOUGHT THINGS WERE BAD BEFORE WELL]
==Dina==
Adaptive Stratagem Ignatz
Magic Weapon HIT Kswarm for 6-11 damage
AP Provocative Order, Ignatz hits Kswarm H56 for 25-47 damage

Standard: Thunder Hooves Rage hits Kswarm H56 for 39 damage, guaranteed kill if PO hit
Move: ->T52
AP: Pressing Strike CRIT Kswarm S52 for 54 damage
Free: Rampage MBA MISS Kswarm S52 AC 14
Free: Augment Energy, +2 to Rampage MBA, HITS S52 AC 16 for 18 damage
Free: Swift Charge to V46, Howling Strike hit Sentinel W45 for 28 damage

IF MW+PO do at least 45 damage total, and Ignatz uses Furious Assault to add 4-14 damage and nabs the OHKO on Kswarm H56:

Free: Swift Charge->T52, Howling Strike hit Kswarm S52 for 28 damage

Minor: BotW
Standard: Thunder Hooves hits Kswarm S52 for 39 damage, killing it
Move: ->V46
AP: Pressing Strike (shift->V45 through W45) CRIT Sentinel W45 for 54 damage, killing it[/sblock]

Your call whether or not you want to buff me before using PO.[/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=69684]WEContact[/MENTION]: Actually, these swarms DO have resistance to Melee/Ranged attacks. That's the only reason you haven't killed it off already! Cause, my god do you dish out the hurt! Will be updating soon!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads