• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

CB's Shackled City OOC [Closed]

Li Shenron

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
Li Shenron, if you would like to be spared needing to access invisible castle, I can make your rolls myself.

Ok CB, you can roll for me! :)

CanadienneBacon said:
The issue of Dungeon in which the adventure path first appears has some of what I need and the rest is in my head or notes, so it's just a matter of organizing and typing it.

A couple of the friends I'm gaming with occasionally buy Dungeon. I could check whether if they have a copy with the adventure path, but it might tell me too much...

Li Shenron

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
Li Shenron, do you have any thoughts on how you might be worked into the storyline? It's always helpful when players have ideas, but if you don't, I'll come up with something.

It's quite hard to think of something at the moment, since I really don't know what the party has been going through so far :p except from your quick summary in your previous post.

It would be nice if we weren't complete strangers, or if at least there was a reason for our PCs to trust each other since the start.

When I go to introduce Meenah, I will include text that lets the others know that she is someone they have seen before around Cauldron. They're a suspicious lot (rightfully so), so I will also include text that helps Meenah seem more sympathetic to their cause.

I don't think you need to hunt down and read anything from the adventure path. No sense spoiling what surprises might lay in wait. We'll just do our best to get you rolling as naturally as possible and with as little fuss as possible. After all, if Meenah doesn't know much about the existing PCs' past exploits, then that makes for a very natural segway. I'll think some tonight and try to post back with the idea that's forming in my head on how to introduce her.

It looks like the party may simply post a notice on a public bulletin board in Cauldron that they are hiring. If they do decide to post such a notice, Meenah will be their hire.

If not, then she'll simply turn up as a friendly face at one of their next stops. :)

Li Shenron, Meenah would've heard about the party. They're growing in fame (and infamy, in the case of Michael--the fighter who just quit adventuring in favor of opening his own carnivale in town) because they rescued several children who had been missing a number of months. It was said around town that the party found the missing children somewhere beneath the city. There's a bit of outrage growing amongst the local populace that the kids were missing all that time right under the nose of the city Guard, which did little to nothing to find and retrieve the children. The Mayor, via the Temple of Othar, just recently fetted the party at a private supper. And then, the other notable thing about this bunch is that rumors are flying left and right that they killed some kind of huge magical beast just the other day up on Magma Avenue. Meenah's seen the damage the beast wrought among some of the warehouses on that street--whole roofs caved in, sidewalls torn out. Must've been quite a battle. Many merchants were injured by the beast and were carted off to the Halls of Healing at the Temple of Madriel.

At this point, I'm just waiting for the group to settle on whether and/or where they will post a notice seeking a new member. As soon as they do that, we can begin work on introducing Meenah to the adventure.

Li Shenron

Legend
CanadienneBacon said:
Li Shenron, Meenah would've heard about the party. They're growing in fame (and infamy, in the case of Michael--the fighter who just quit adventuring in favor of opening his own carnivale in town) because they rescued several children who had been missing a number of months.

I think that this is one of best possible motivations there could be for Meenah to wish to be part of that group! :D

If you wish, let me know here in the OoC what she has learned so far about the town of Cauldron and the surrounding lands. You can decide how long she's been around in town, I was thinking that she might have arrived only recently (weeks) but maybe I was thinking of an excuse to explain why I myself don't know much about the setting...

Aaron, Bollaron, Nyla, need you guys to please indicate whether and (most importantly) where you're posting your want ad for a new hire. Someone please post something to this effect in the in-character thread so I can move things on a bit.

Mellubb

First Post
I'm good either way. I think I like the payer idea then when she shows up out of the blue it would be cool. But if the group wants an ad so be it.

I started thinking yesterday that it would be fitting if Meenah simply showed up on your doorstep wanting to join in, but because you all had already started writing your ad I didn't want to interfere.

I'm running a road race on Monday morning so I'll catch up with this game on Tuesday. Whatever you all want to work out in the mean time is alright with me.

Mellubb

First Post
Well, Meenah what you like to do. would you rather answer a want ad or build up your own personal courage and hope the group of heroes who have saved this city countless times doesn't think you are a freak.

Remove ads