Ceramic DM, and you're invited! (Postponed! See post #117)

mythago

Hero
I guess we know how the last cliff-hanger episode concluded....

The last scream of agony had ceased to echo from the walls. Mythago stood alone in the center of the area. The only sound was the slow drip-drip-drip of blood from Macbeth's shattered corpse and the bubbly rasp of Mythago's breathing. Piratecat, sprawled carelessly across his ebon throne, surveyed his handiwork with a cyclopean leer. The competitors had died horribly, leaving him triumphant and still in possession of the Ceramic Crown. His champion, unfortunately, had not fared so well; only one of the deadly semicolons remained intact, and Mythago had sustained broken ribs, a shattered knee, and a serious bump to the funnybone. Piratecat made an exasperated noise as he thought of the expense of having another set of matched semicolons forged...

He waved his hook imperiously at the shadowy figures who hovered in the darkness of his throne. "Arwink!" he snapped. "Return that..thing...to the Pits and have the medics fix those wounds." He fiddled with his eyepatch as the figure dipped its shrouded head and, using a long goad, prodded the snarling, shuffling Mythago back into the recesses of the Pits.

"What next, do you suppose? Another round of challengers? I wonder what happened to some of them. I'll want to locate that artist chap, what's his name..."

"alsih2o," said the robed figure quietly, in a voice that was distinctly not Arwink's.

Piratecat whirled to find himself staring into the mild countenance of alsih2o. "Potter!" he shrieked. "You! Maldur! Get rid of this loser!"

Maldur stepped forward to stand by alsih20's side. "Sorry, boss," he said apologeticaly. "He bought me a beer."

Piratecat raised his hands and frantically muttered the incantation of transmute user to gnome. The sickly yellow light around his fingers crackled, then sputtered, then died. alsih2o smiled. "That'll teach you to use discount batteries," he said. "Lithium-ion, that's the way to go." He murmured a few oily syllables and mist appeared around Piratecat's feet, immobilizing the sinister figure as it swelled and snaked upward around his legs.

"Sending me to the Pits?" Piratecat said. "I've been there, done that. I came out victorious. You'll just be handing me the Ceramic Crown again."

"Of course. No, not the pits. You see, I had to, er, 'remove' Arwink in order to penetrate your lair, if you know what I mean and I think you do. I'll be needing a replacement."

Piratecat screamed in terror as the Mantle of Judging closed over his single, frantically-rolling eye.

Last edited:

alsih2o

First Post
BigTom said:
I thought I had signed up for this, but my name is not in the brackets.

aCK! My bad completely. Total brain-fart missing your name there.

We can probably fix this. I will get oyu in or guarantee you a spot in the next. You have my deepest apologies. :(

Remove ads