Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

Just checking back in after a day and a bit off. I was able to log on at the hotel but alas, a nervous wait still ensues.

BSF, I hope things are OK at work; 21 hours straight would certainly fry my brain. Take as long as you need. I'm sure everyone prefers the in-depth and considered comments to the actual judgment.
Looking forward to the judgment whenever it comes.

And Macbeth,
[sblock]
Sometimes you just have one of those days. :)

However, I'm a little surprised that you judged our match so close. I thought RangerWickett's was quite the standout. {There may be a little ray of hope for yangnome and myself yet... ;) }
I eagerly await the judgment and comments.
[/sblock]

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

BSF

Explorer
I have spent nearly 40 of the last 48 hours at work. Unfortunately, the issue we are dealing with could go on for quite a bit longer. Right now I am hoping to be done before the fourth of July because it would be nice to see my family on the holiday at least.

I do have an option I can exercise. We have the judgements in from everyone else on Match 3. We could exercise our sideline judge and post those judgements just to keep things moving forward.

Would the contestants support this move? It isn't my preference, but letting the contest become bogged down simply because I have RL work issues doesn't seem fair to everyone writing this excellent fiction. Barring that, I can be quite a bit less thorough and compile some judgements with my sleep deprived mind. I just want the writers to have solid feedback. Whether you win or lose, the feedback is important.

What is everyone else thinking?

I don't mind either way. If others wish to keep things moving then that's cool. If others want to wait for your excellent and considered feedback - that's cool too.
However, what will happen in the unlikely/likely event of a three way tie?

By the way, if you wish to just cast a judgment that's cool and perhaps provide further comment later on when able?

Anyway, I hope things settle down for you at work and if you do end up with time for some feedback later on, your thoughts and opinions would always be appreciated.

Best Regards
Herremann the Wise

Works for me. And I don't think it a bad idea for an alternate judge to become standard practice for future contests, like alternate contestants have become. Stuff happens. I know I've been busier the past week than I had any expectation to be (and if I'd been just a little bit less lucky, I'd have been pulling a 40-hour shift last weekend myself).

Macbeth

First Post
Heh. Looks like all the judges are quite busy. At my job we've got some new software going live in... about 24 hours. :) Luckily I'm kind of the low man on the totem pole, so I don't get too much pressure, but it looks like judging Ceramic DM always means work gets hectic. C'est le vie.

I'm fine with my judgement being used. I'm probably not as helpful as BSF as a critiquer, but if it moves things along, sure. I've been sedning in a judgment with all of my comments, so BSF has my input if need be.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases