• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ceramic DM - Spring 2005 (Late Bloomer) - We have a winner.

Macbeth

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Easy. New type of fey or elemental coming on the stage as the world becomes more modern. Dryads have their trees, nixies have their springs, and they hate this disgusting newcomer that's ruining everything. All that remains is to come up with a cool name for a garbage fey that's evocative of Oscar the Grouch without being obvious.
I am very glad I'm not writing against you... but that is one heck of a cool basis for a story.

Good luck to everybody. I look forward to seeing some stories and giving some (hopefully) useful feedback.

BSF

Explorer
It looks like Firelance and Hellefire have both been by the boards and had a chance to see their pics.

Picture choices are a bit difficult. I know I have an agenda with the pictures I chose. But I won't mention my method or reasons because I don't want to create any artificial constraints on the writers. It is one thing for me to be sure the pictures fulfill a certain role in my mind. But the writers might go in a completely different direction. That is one of the beautiful things about Ceramic DM. We all get to watch how other people think, respond and write differently from ourselves.

While this is neat from the writing perspective, I also find it fascinating for what it teaches me about myself. I can look at some pictures and frame something in my mind. But then somebody else might come up with something completely different. That is when I step back and learn what some of my perceptions are, and how they are different from the perceptions of others. Given that we have a variety of people writing, from all over the world, it is always very interesting.

Berandor

lunatic
Having now seen Batman Begins, I must try not to write up the film with the pictures :)

But it was worth it. I'd see it again, but tomorrow I'm at the opera (La Traviata), and then, you know, writing.

tadk

Explorer
Story

well due to flying up north tomorrow to go to my brothers graduation (his masters courtesyof mom buying the tickets) I really only had today to work on the first round pic. Got a good chunk of a story done about 1700 words is all so far. Wont finish it tonight due to packing and what not. If anyone wants to read it incomplete let me know and I will email / message it to you if I get it before heading to bed...otherwise I will post it in the other thread come Monday...

Tad

BSF

Explorer
Have a good trip Tad. I will probably avoid reading your story until after we finish Judgements, but I will look for it after.

Bibliophile

First Post
Mmm... My round's up to be posted within 14 hours or so... exciting times! Although not nearly as exciting as when the outcome is in doubt... Ceramic DM trophy here I come!

BSF

Explorer
Bibliophile said:
Mmm... My round's up to be posted within 14 hours or so... exciting times! Although not nearly as exciting as when the outcome is in doubt... Ceramic DM trophy here I come!

By my clock, you posted at 3:05 AM. I get off work approximately 15 hours after that. Then there is the drive home. I would guess it will be closer to 16 hours. :)

Remove ads