CG's Dragon of Icespire Peak [IC]

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Bella, Fitz and Rorik:

You left the Triboar Trail behind a few hours ago, and you are currently following a cart trail through the forest. The woods open up just ahead, a sharp escarpment rises on either side of the road. There are two dead horses lying in the road. There are black-shafted arrows sticking out of both horses. What do you do?
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Bella whispers to the others, "Could be an ambush." She ducks into the bushes to hide but apparently there isn't nearly as much underbrush as she thought there was.

Stealth: 1d20+5 8
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
"Aye, an ambush it is," agreed Fitz, "Just like how me and my mate Calahan woulda done it, gods rest him."

Though after he said it he thought it looked cruder than he and Calahan would have set it up, not that they had ever been fancy about things. Still, it was almost certainly an ambush. The best way to deal with a trap, he always found, was to set it off. He nodded to Ulrik and gestured down the road, as if he expected the larger man to go strait toward it while he slipped off to the side.
 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Fitz stayed low while he tried to work his way around to flank the ambush site from the left side. He had chosen an animal trail through some brush to follow, which kept him pretty well out of sight, and he was being pretty quiet, but unfortunately he couldn't see a thing.

OOC: I have no idea how to cut and paste on my phone. My laptop will be out of the shop hopefully Mon or Tues and I will move Fitz to the RG then. Also, I can't post my rolls, but I got a 14 Stealth and a 6 Perception on Coyote (hence my description) but I can't copy it over so you'll have to take my word for it. I will get back to normal soon! I hope.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
OOC: I have no idea how to cut and paste on my phone. My laptop will be out of the shop hopefully Mon or Tues and I will move Fitz to the RG then. Also, I can't post my rolls, but I got a 14 Stealth and a 6 Perception on Coyote (hence my description) but I can't copy it over so you'll have to take my word for it. I will get back to normal soon! I hope.
No Problem.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
OOC: FYI, [user], unlike the old [mention] does not send a notification.
EDIT: Or I turned it off by mistake. I hate notifications from apps. I'm turning that one back on.

Bella remains "hidden". She is ready to eldritch blast anyone she sees brandishing a weapon.
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Rorik moves forward towards the horses. Three goblins pop out of the brush, two on the east, one on the west. They fire their shortbows, one striking Rorik's chain, bruising him a little. They are now visible.

To your surprise, Rorik doesn't charge the hill, he instead gestures towards the goblin and a beam of blue white light shoots towards them, but misses.

Bella and Fitz, you up and the goblns do not appear to see you. There are two to the east and one to the west.

 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Fitz's arrow kills one of the goblins on the east side.
The goblin to the west is closest to Rorik.

Rorik scrambles up the steep slope, and makes a wicked blow on the goblin, but the goblin still stands.
The goblin barks out another call and you see rustling in the woods on either side.
He then slashes twice at Rorik, leaving him clearly wounded.

The remaining visible goblin on the east side, takes aim at Bella and hits her, not fatally but cutting a wicked gash on her arm.

 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Bella sends another blast at the wounded goblin in front of Rorik making a lot of noise.

Eldritch Blast at gobo: 1d20+5 20 1d10 4 (hopefully that kills a wounded gobo)

"Perhaps we do withdraw to a locale that doesn't favor the goblins." Bella withdraws another 30 feet, knowing her blast will still reach. (She doesn't do this if by moving that far she loses sight of Rorik.)
 

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Fitz wipes out the remaining visible goblin on the east side, while the tough looking goblin on the west is hurt more, but does not drop from Bella's attack. Three goblins emerge from the west side, two firing arrows and one drawing a scimitar to ward off Rorik.

Rorik seems to recover a bit from his wounds, then whomps off the goblin bosses head.
The goblin focus their attacks on Rorik, who collapses from his wounds.

Two figures, an elf and a human you think, (Hi Ulrik and Sythaeryn!) emerge from the woods on the east.

 

FitzTheRuke

Adventurer
Ach, the little blighters got poor Rorick!" Fitz called to Bella, then spotting some other folk coming up the road he called, "Watch out there, mates! Here be Goblins, if ya catch my clever quote!"

He fired an arrow at a goblin standing over Rorick. Maybe his friend was still alive. If they could just get to him...

OOC: Edit: Forgot to post my roll!
Bow: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D6+3 = [3]+3 = 6
 
Last edited:

gargoyleking

Explorer
Sythaeryn walks into the clearing and looks around for just a moment. "Ahah! Think to despoil my forest and get away with it do you? I think not!"

The elf looks like no elf you have seen. He wears leather armor and carries a wooden shield. But all of his clothing seems to have taken on a yellow tinge to it, seeming to follow suit with his skin. And his hair seems to flow yup from his scalp in yellows and reds, leaving the impression that his hair is on fire.

A scimitar hangs from his side, but he makes no move to draw it. Instead a flame sprouts out of his open hand, which he immediately throws at the nearest goblin. Scoring a hit with the flames of his wrath.

Then he notices Rorik lying on the ground and scowls. "Get up! You've a battle yet to fight!"

Action:Produce Flame: 1d20+4 23 1d8 8
Bonus: Healing Word: 1d4+2 5
 
Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
One Goblin catches fire, and dies a quick but painful death as the flames consume him.

Rorik gets to his feet, woozily, and raises his sword.

Two goblins remain, one by Rorik, one close to the edge of the forest.
 

Advertisement

Top