D&D 5E Chains of Asmodeus: Official 286-Page Nine Hells Book & Adventure Released!

Adventure for levels 11-20, stat blocks for Asmodeus and the Lords of the Nine, and a Nine Hells sourcebook!

For Extra Life, the children's hospital charity, Wizards of the Coast just released Chains of Asmodeus on DMsGuild in PDF format. Written by James Ohlen and Adrian Tchaikovsky, this book includes an adventure for levels 11-20, stat blocks for Asmodeus and the other archdevils, a corruption mechanic, and more.

457996.jpg

Arcanum Worlds Presents: Chains of Asmodeus
Chains of Asmodeus is a 286-page source book and adventure for the Nine Hells written by legendary game designer James Ohlen (Baldur's Gate, Baldur's Gate II, Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, Dragon Age: Origins) and award-winning author Adrian Tchaikovsky (Children of Time, The Tiger and the Wolf, The Doors of Eden). This book is beautifully illustrated with haunting art from Sergei Sarichev, Sergey Musin, Julian Calle, Sebastion Kowoll, Paul Adams, Luis Lasahido, and the Aaron Sims Company.

Travel through the Nine Hells to save your soul in this tome that includes:
  • 50+ High Challenge Monsters
  • Stat Blocks for Asmodeus, Lord of the Nine, and all major Archdevils
  • 20+ Infernal Magic Items
  • New Item Corruption Mechanic
  • Details on all Layers of the Nine Hells, with Beautifully Illustrated Maps created by John Stevenson
  • A Fiendish Adventure for Levels 11-20

The book includes full stat blocks for Asmodeus (CR30), Beelzebub, Belial, Dispater, Fierna, Glasya, Levistus, Mammon, Mephistopheles, and more including Bel, Zariel, and a ton of monsters and NPCs.

You can pick it up for $29.99 on DMsGuild.

as1.jpg
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.47.39.png

Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.48.12.png
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.48.50.png
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.49.17.png
Screenshot 2023-10-31 at 11.49.33.png

dave2008

Legend
I'm with Micah, this was a tangent to this thread that doesn't need more.
@dave2008 and @Micah Sweet: Speaking as an outside observer, perhaps you could each provide ways in which you think the current version of D&D is or is not putting world before story? Because this back and forth, without examples, is not particularly illuminating.

(Though this also might be a good subject for another thread, since it seems pretty tangential.)
Yeah. I'm inclined to let it go.

TravDoc42

Getting a hang of this!
I gotta say, now that I've read the adventure, I'm very impressed! The maps of each layer of the Hells are neat, and the various stat blocks for the new monsters and archdevils are very well done! There's a few minor spelling things that could've been caught, but nothing too bad! It certainly is worth the price, in my opinion.

Given that this book had a cultural consultant, does it include any notes about the fact that Asmodeus is a demon in a book (Tobit) held as Sacred Scripture by a majority of the world's Christians, and his use and portrayal in D&D may seem inaccurate or misguided to some?
You know very well there's some people for whom the zeitgeist doesn't accomodate their hurt feelings.

Swedish Chef

Adventurer
I so want a Roll20 conversion of this module. Sadly, from what I can gather, it doesn't look there ever will be one. Which means I need to figure out how to build maps in Roll20

Remove ads

Remove ads