Character for "Anything Goes" Campaign

Numion

First Post
Hi!

Yesterday we ended our first campaign under our newer DM (me being the 'older' DM). It was his first campaign, and very enjoyable. We only used the three core books + some domains in FRCS. Very conservative campaign with 3.0e rules, lasted for 13 levels.

Now he wants to also DM our next campaign too. He calls it the all-out campaign. Anything goes. All of our d20 stuff (we've got most WotC 3.0e stuff, all Malhavoc stuff, plus we can get more) is available for creating our characters. Pretty wild?

But it gets better. ECLs of 1 or 2 are probably 'free' depending on your character concept, and we use a non-standard array for stats.

10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 18.

You read that right. A munchkins dream so to speak. We're using 3.0e rules, but nerfing stat-boost spells, GMWs and Magic Vestments (because they essentially give free magic items to clerics). Starting at level 1.

So the question is: with this much options, what the heck should I play? I was thinking maybe a Grey Orc (Races of Faerun) Cleric with aiming for headlong rush feat and rhinohide armor for devastating charges. Or a Half-Ogre Cleric for much of the same, without headlong rush.

Or maybe a Deepwood Sniper-Peerless Archer-Order of the Bow Initiate combo.

Or Red Wizard - Archmage for crazy DCs.

Too many options. Post your suggestion for my 'all-out' character, please. I need multiple ones in case my PC dies, and some suggestions are better at higher levels.

Wonky race is a bonus here!

Cedric

First Post
I'm thinking...Ogre Mage Monk

I mean, sure, you are a +7 ecl race. But Ogre Magi special abilities combined with monk class features and you are rocking.

Reach
Natural Armor
Great Stat Adjustments
High natural damage
Spell Resistance

Sick man...just sick...

Last edited:

Kae'Yoss

First Post
Play a fey'ri (from Races of Faerûn) and become Rogue. Put 18 in Cha, 18 in Int, 16 In Dex, 14 in Con, 10 Str, Wis 12.

Cencentrate on Cha-based skills, especially Disguise, Intimidate, Gather Information, Bluff, Diplomacy. Also get Search, Spot, Listen, Hide, Move Silently. Also, get lots of Languages.

For special powers, I suggest Suggestion (hee hee hee), Detect Thoughts, Charm Persion, Clauraudiance/Clairvoyance.

This will make you the hell of a spy. There's nothing you can't find out, there's noone you cannot impersonate, there's noone you can't influence.

Also, ask the DM if he lets you take the Feat "Tongues of the Seducer" (selfmade).
You inherit your succubus acestors' ability to speak all languages.
Prereq: Speak 10 different languages.
Benefit: You get the succubus' tongues ability, which works like the spell (caster level 12th). This is a supernatural ability.

If you want to be useful in a fight, take the usual stuff - weapon finesse, two-weapon fighting, combat expertise (improved faint).

You might also like to become Assassin or Shadowdancer, but that's optional, as well.

CE or NE work best with that, or CN, if you don't want (ar aren't allowed) to be evil. But such a character could easily "hide" in a good party (as long as no detect evil using paladins are around..).

As your primary disguise, take a gold elf - it's closest to your true nature. Of course, that character will have many other shapes over the course of the campaign.

The fey'ri is ECL +2 (or +3 if you insist on one of the more powerful powers).

(And yes, I play such a character, and it's fun as hell!)

Naar

First Post
Tauric Blink Dog-Sun Elf Telflammar Shadowlord. You know you want to.
Or else an Incarnate Construct Maug Duelist, or a Fey-Touched Telepath/Shadow Mind/Arch-Psion.

Last edited:

Numion

First Post
Cedric said:
I'm thinking...Ogre Mage Monk

I mean, sure, you are a +7 ecl race. But Ogre Magi special abilities combined with monk class features and you are rocking.

Reach
Natural Armor
Great Stat Adjustments
High natural damage
Spell Resistance

Sick man...just sick...

Thanks, this is a great idea for higher levels. Ogre Mage also has ways to disguise itself, always useful for forays into towns and civilized areas.

As a general note, I'm looking mostly for very powergamed for combat character concepts. That, I guess, is the whole point of running a campaign like this.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases