D&D 5E Character for new campaign

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Setting aside classes for a second. If it were likely that the other players were going to be playing pretty upright characters, I might go the Avengers route and design something a little more Loki and a little less Captain America. Not evil, but something a little more sly.

In general the party tends more selfishly out for their own interests than beholden to uprightness. I'm not sure playing an angel race will change that - but should be interesting to have that be more of a dynamic.

Oofta

Legend
I'll echo the vengeance paladin with scourge subrace seems like a good fit. The group could use a tank. Depends on if you're the kind of player that would have fun misty-stepping into the middle of the enemy scrum and then doing radiant consumption and similar.

But I don't know ... lot of things could work. If I had to choose another option I'd have fun with a swashbuckler rogue. You have no front line and will have to rely on hit-and-run tactics but some of that depends on the druid. Also leaves you more open with a stealthy group.

Of course neither one of this is going to be an "optimal" build but I've never really cared too much about that.

Shiroiken

Legend
Spells function similar to magic initiate except you go up to 1st, 2nd and 3rd level spell at 5th level and can cast each once per day. You also learn 1 cantrip. Same restriction on class and casting stat as magic initiate feat.
Do you still have spell slots? Certain classes like the Paladin have spell slots that are seldom used for spells. Also it might make the Warlock wonky.

From a tactical standpoint, I'd probably go with a non-caster, since these rules seem to limit their usefulness. A barbarian, fighter, or rogue might be useful, but if you can still smite with the Paladin, they're solid as well. Depending on the party's final setup, you can go archery with either fighter or rogue if you need less front line fighters.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
Do you still have spell slots? Certain classes like the Paladin have spell slots that are seldom used for spells. Also it might make the Warlock wonky.

From a tactical standpoint, I'd probably go with a non-caster, since these rules seem to limit their usefulness. A barbarian, fighter, or rogue might be useful, but if you can still smite with the Paladin, they're solid as well. Depending on the party's final setup, you can go archery with either fighter or rogue if you need less front line fighters.

that’s only a background benefit. Spells other than those work normally.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases